Travel overseas after Citizenship application

captain_hoomi

Hi guys,

I got a question, can I travel overseas whilst my citizenship application is being processed? I applied in August and it will be a long waiting time before my application get processed, now I have to travel overseas for some family stuff but I have heard that I cannot travel overseas after lodging my citizenship application, is this right?

Cheers,

7 minutes ago, captain_hoomi said:

Hi guys,

I got a question, can I travel overseas whilst my citizenship application is being processed? I applied in August and it will be a long waiting time before my application get processed, now I have to travel overseas for some family stuff but I have heard that I cannot travel overseas after lodging my citizenship application, is this right?

Cheers,

I checked this out the other day an on the Boarder website the following is stated:

Travelling outside Australia

You can apply if you are in or outside Australia but, in most circumstances, your application cannot be approved while you are outside Australia.

If you need to travel outside Australia while your application is being processed, contact us. Before you depart, ensure you have a valid passport and Resident Return Visa

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/application-options/migrant-with-permanent-residence/apply

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DeeTowers said:

I checked this out the other day an on the Boarder website the following is stated:

Travelling outside Australia

You can apply if you are in or outside Australia but, in most circumstances, your application cannot be approved while you are outside Australia.

If you need to travel outside Australia while your application is being processed, contact us. Before you depart, ensure you have a valid passport and Resident Return Visa

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/application-options/migrant-with-permanent-residence/apply

There is also this too:

Travelling before your ceremony

You cannot get an Australian passport until you have made the pledge and officially become an Australian citizen.

If you need to travel outside Australia after you have been approved for citizenship but before your ceremony, you must travel on your current passport. This will not affect your ability to attend your ceremony or become an Australian citizen.

Before you depart you must ensure you have a visa that allows you to re-enter Australia for your ceremony. If the travel validity period on your permanent visa has expired, or is about to expire, you will need to apply for a Resident Return Visa.

If you do plan to travel outside Australia before your ceremony, please let us know. Contact the Citizenship Information Line.
Telephone: 131 880 between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Citi/pathways-processes/Citi/Attending-your-ceremony

• Thanks 1