Exchanging money

sunshinedawn

If you are talking some cash to take for incidentals and stuff when you arrive then I'd just change it via your bank or PO or some place before you leave. It'll be a crappy rate but smaller amounts usually are. If you are wanting cash to spend at airports in transit or some such they'll take £ or $ currency in notes and convert via the checkout and give you change back in the local currency. So £ would be fine when in transit. 

If you are talking a larger amount then I'd use a forex company and spend a bit of time familiarising yourself with how the rates work and the exchange process and decide when is the best time for you as and when. You generally get better rates than doing UK bank exchange into an Aus account plus no fees. On larger amounts it can really add up. Inform yourself and read up on how a forex system works.

You will need am Aus and UK bank account. Certain Aus banks allow you to open an account from overseas so it's all set up waiting for you to activate once you arrive. We did this with Commonwealth without any issues. 

We've used a forex for years and get far better rates than banks offer. And as said, no fees. 

If you are talking some cash to take for incidentals and stuff when you arrive then I'd just change it via your bank or PO or some place before you leave. It'll be a crappy rate but smaller amounts usually are. If you are wanting cash to spend at airports in transit or some such they'll take £ or $ currency in notes and convert via the checkout and give you change back in the local currency. So £ would be fine when in transit. 
If you are talking a larger amount then I'd use a forex company and spend a bit of time familiarising yourself with how the rates work and the exchange process and decide when is the best time for you as and when. You generally get better rates than doing UK bank exchange into an Aus account plus no fees. On larger amounts it can really add up. Inform yourself and read up on how a forex system works.
You will need am Aus and UK bank account. Certain Aus banks allow you to open an account from overseas so it's all set up waiting for you to activate once you arrive. We did this with Commonwealth without any issues. 
We've used a forex for years and get far better rates than banks offer. And as said, no fees. 

Thanks, we are just bringing some money with us to pay for taxis etc when we land, we have opened an account with ANZ Bank so we need to validate it when we land

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PomsinOz mobile app

Guest John from Moneycorp
20 hours ago, sunshinedawn said:

I'm not the best at exchange rates I get confused.

Are the exchange rates better in Oz than UK. Just need to work out if it's worth us changing money before we go or when we land

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using PomsinOz mobile app

Happy to arrange a chat and I can talk through it with you - private message me or can send an email to john.kinghorn@moneycorp.com

Thanks

John