190 visa - confused - have I understood it correctly?

justme

Hi All

I currently have an EOI in for a 189 visa, sitting on 60 points and waiting since start of July. If the invite numbers stay as they are it’s looking possible that 60 pointers may not start being invited for months, if at all. 

My profession, Construction Project Manager, is on the NSW list so thinking of applying for 190. My questions are as follows.

1) Can I set up a whole new EOI on Skillselect to apply for the 190? Rather than adding 190 to my current EOI. To avoid changing the EOI date for 189 from July to October. Is that definitely ok?

2) are there any differences between the 189 and 190 except the necessity to live and work in NSW for first two years?

3) some other states seem to have lots of additional requirements for state sponsorship, for example Victoria requires you to have access to a certain amount of money etc. I’ve read through the NSW pages numerous times and can’t find any additional requirements except a commitment to live and work their for two years  I’m afraid I’m missing something...

4) with this visa are you required to work in your profession and full time? Obviously I’d prefer to work in what I’m qualified in, but want to know the option is there to take a different job if necessary. Likewise I’d probably be looking to work part-time initially as I have two small children. Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by justme

Yes, of course I have a positive skills assessment already. As I said, I’ve had an EOI submitted since the beginning of July for a 189. I also have 20 points from gaining all 9s in the IELTS test. Unfortunately I cannot claim any points from work experience as I worked for 8 years as an architect (until 2011) and, although Vetassess assessed my past 5 years of experience as suitable under CPM, by the time the year for experience, and a maternity leave are taken off I’m left with just under 3 years. And currently working part-time and about to have another child so no option to increase the work experience any time soon. Hence my interest in the 190. 

Thanks for the advice on the work requirement for 189 and 190, much appreciated. 

Edited by justme

Richard - I wonder if you can confirm that it’s OK to submit a whole new EOI for the 190? Rather than adding to my current EOI? I don’t want my current EOI submission date put back from July to October by making an update. Just in case invitation numbers increase again in November and 60 pointers start getting invites ...