Tasmania state nomination

Sagga

Hi,

Has anyone recently receive state nomination for subclass 489 provisional visas. Its been 2 weeks I have applied state nomination and my total points is 75 (including state 10 points)

What are the chance? The occupation is cafe and restaurant manager.. 

It can take 2 - 8 weeks for a decision. 

Remember they give priority to urgent needed skills first, such as Diary Farmers etc.. as those skills are taken before points. 

give them the 8 weeks time to come back to you. 

p.s if you email them and they look at the application to check it, they say that can delay your application. so refrain from emailing or calling the Tas Migration Dept. 

I am also waiting for a Tas 489 (applied 1 week ago ) I also have family who live there that are sponsoring so will be interested to see how that effects time. 

there was a mistake on their application a few months back where it wouldn't let you apply unless you were currently living in Tasmania. this has now been fixed as of 3 weeks ago (ish) so I imagine there would of been an influx of applications now that you don't have to reside in Tas to apply. so could take a few more weeks than the minimum 2 as suggested. 

Hi JD3006,

Thanks for your help and response. I don't have any family member residing their, and total points I have is 75 including state nomination points. Really hope that is sufficient.

Do you know is the points are sufficient tongetbstate nomination in restaurant manager profile...

Sagar

im not a visa expert so take my advice lightly 

But from what I know, the needed points for the visa are 60. 

anything above puts you higher on the selection list after they have chosen people from the urgent skill list.

but they will look at your skill and decide whether its a needed skill at the time. so really they can pick and choose based on skills, for example a Welder or builder would be more beneficial to them than other skills.  

probably why they suggest it takes 2-8 weeks to sort through things.