Motorcycle licence Vic to UK

Gavin Mabbutt

Hi folks ,

Pom and Aussie citizen moving back to the UK after 6 yrs in Melbourne.

Have a UK driving licence that is still valid, and a Victoria one, just passed my motorcycle test . And was wondering if anybody knows if I can update my UK with the test pass, and go straight to the UK A class bike licence???

Cheers

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Guest The Pom Queen
4 hours ago, Gavin Mabbutt said:

Hi folks ,

Pom and Aussie citizen moving back to the UK after 6 yrs in Melbourne.

Have a UK driving licence that is still valid, and a Victoria one, just passed my motorcycle test . And was wondering if anybody knows if I can update my UK with the test pass, and go straight to the UK A class bike licence???

Cheers

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi @Gavin Mabbutt umm a tough one, if you took your current UK license out of the equation I have known people who have just applied for a new license doing a transfer from Oz. 

I have also known people who have come over here, got their L's gone back to the UK for a holiday claim they are living their indefinitely exchange their Aussie Learners for a full English license, come back here and gone to a different state and exchanged that new full license for a full Aussie license with no restrictions. I really don't know the legalities in that or even if it's still possible as I would have thought the Transport Department here would have pulled them. 

'I know about 10 years ago, people use to come over to Victoria and tell Vic Roads they had a full motorbike license when they didn't and it was automatically added on to their new Oz license.

Have a look through this document, I am wondering if you just opt to apply for a new license it would work 

To add or remove provisional motorcycle group D or add new groups to a full licence

http://centraltransporttraining.co.uk/download.php?file=d100.pdf