Advise for 190 skilled Visa

bhatnagar1

Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise based on below facts of my case.

My Partner has positive skill assessment from Vetassess under 272499 Social Professionals

PTE SCORE 90 overall

Age 36years

Work experience : accepted by Vetasses on scholarship for PHD as regular working experience

Education:  completed Masters Degree  (though she is pusuing Phd from University of Adelaide and will complete in next 3 months) 

Regional Area 3 years stay

Skill in high demand in SA

Total Skill select points 75 without adding points for education in Australia or partner skills

Now we are confused as we are not getting firm response from Migration agent on our case. He has advised he is getting unconfirmed response from Migration SA whether they will accept her work experience as verified by Vetassess for granting state nomination. 

I will appreciate if someone can advise us the way forward.

If the masters was also from a SA uni then at face value it looks like she'd qualify for a work experience waiver. When I applied for sponsorship from Vic, points weren't so much an issue (I also had a high score), although they did ask for indicative points. Once she's secured sponsorship, she'd automatically get an invite to apply for the visa, so again, extra points aren't necessary. If I was applying on my own, I'd play it safe on the work experience. Mention it but not claim points for it. As it was during PhD, might be adjudged to be part time and so less than 20 hours per week (especially if the PhD is completed in 3-4 years, i.e. full time student).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ABG said:

If the masters was also from a SA uni then at face value it looks like she'd qualify for a work experience waiver. When I applied for sponsorship from Vic, points weren't so much an issue (I also had a high score), although they did ask for indicative points. Once she's secured sponsorship, she'd automatically get an invite to apply for the visa, so again, extra points aren't necessary. If I was applying on my own, I'd play it safe on the work experience. Mention it but not claim points for it. As it was during PhD, might be adjudged to be part time and so less than 20 hours per week (especially if the PhD is completed in 3-4 years, i.e. full time student).

Hi , Thanks for your detailed response.The Masters is not from the same University. The only reason we are keen to proceed now is that since we have positive assessment from Vetassess with 90 83 87 90in PTE  and might as well utilise this time for getting PR . However I feel only option now is to wait for her to complete her Phd and then apply for PR.

10 hours ago, wrussell said:

Overall English test scores are not relevant.

Since you are represented, I cannot advise further.

Hi Wrussell,

Thanks for your comment. Please note the score 90 83 87 90 in PTE and we are not represented by anyone at this moment. Yes we have done consultation for our case once.

My understanding of SA website is that they are only sponsoring 489 visas for 272499 with at least 1 year relevant experience, unless applicant is an international graduate with an advanced degree.  If I've understood that correctly then it might be worth waiting 3 months until your partner has completed the PhD and she can apply for the 190 visa and get the work experience waiver.  

14 hours ago, bhatnagar1 said:

Hi Wrussell,

Thanks for your comment. Please note the score 90 83 87 90 in PTE and we are not represented by anyone at this moment. Yes we have done consultation for our case once.

In that case, if you want me to have a look at your case, please go to my website: pinoyau.com

and use the contact form.