Midwifery in oz

SUPERSTARDJ01

Also do are they done by community midwives? And whats the difference between private and public sector midwifery duties?

Reason i ask is my wife is a midwife and is currebtly recovering from an tfcc tear which prevents her from rotating her wrist to do ve's, she's going to try and learn to do it with ber left hand but just in case she will need to work in an area like the wards that don't do ve's.

Sent from my LG-H850 using PomsinOz mobile app

Yes midwives all do VE's. If a midwife has an existing injury that prevents her undertaking a core skill requirement she might find it difficult to get a job. Just as in the U.K., midwives are moved to other wards in time of high activity so although your job might be on a particular ward, they can be deployed anywhere.
Happy to answer any questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Main difference between public and private is that the public is like the NHS and in private hospitals the consultant will do the antenatal appointments and undertakes the delivery of the baby. However in private hospitals the midwife will still do much of the labour and postnatal care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk