Skilled Visa - 189 - Accountant

JH_2017

6 hours ago, laevans said:

How is the visa app stuff going @RavenBlue?? We are just finishing getting it all together! Seems like a mind field!! X 

We submitted ours last week! I was super organised and already had everything sorted/scanned in etc before we even got the invite. Even then it took 3-4 hours to do the whole application! Your mind starts playing tricks on you and even the simplest question has you searching google to find out how other people answered it xD

All you can do is answer how you think you should and honestly. All they can do is then come back and ask for a bit more info - not the end of the world!

Fingers crossed for you - I'll let you know if I get any updates, but I think this is going to be a bit of a long haul!!

Hey I didn't read any specific guidance, but I just tried to make it as clear as possible. So for example 'NAME_BIRTH CERTIFICATE', etc.

You upload them under specific categories too, so there is a drop down list with the option to upload a birth certificate. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard for the case officers to figure out what's what. 

The skillselect website says invites to 75 pointers in the August 9th round went to 24th June. Then one of the (unofficial) tracking websites says in the August 23rd round they got to at least 14th July. If that suggests about 3 weeks movement per round, you're looking at at least a couple of rounds wait. So maybe the second round in September...

The skillselect website says invites to 75 pointers in the August 9th round went to 24th June. Then one of the (unofficial) tracking websites says in the August 23rd round they got to at least 14th July. If that suggests about 3 weeks movement per round, you're looking at at least a couple of rounds wait. So maybe the second round in September...

Thank you, here's hoping it does come back that quick. Do you get an e-mail or should I keep checking skills select at each round?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi, Just wondering if anyone here knows if there is any difference in processing times for the EOI between an onshore or an offshore application? Similarly if the applicant is a single applicant or moving with others? I am currently in Australia and only have 70 points so would probably be waiting longer than the 8 months I have left on my working holiday visa so just looking in to the various options available.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I was wondering if you could kindly provide some advice.

I decided to apply for Australian skilled visa and have been studying to become an accountant since 1 year and a half. I should be able to obtain accounting bachelors degree in October 2018 and hopefully become an ACCA member in July 2019.

I am looking to apply Sep-Oct 2019 and if all goes according to a plan, considering current guidelines, I will have 60 points (including 5 for state nomination).

I currently work as management accountant and at the point of applying for visa, I will have 1 year of relevant experience (2 years overall, 1 since bachelors).

I have recently read about threshold increase to 75 points, is that correct? If so, are you able to advice what can I do to obtain more points?

Additionally, is membership to ACCA considered as masters or bachelor level?

Thank you,

Magda

42 minutes ago, Magdalena K said:

Hello,

I was wondering if you could kindly provide some advice.

I decided to apply for Australian skilled visa and have been studying to become an accountant since 1 year and a half. I should be able to obtain accounting bachelors degree in October 2018 and hopefully become an ACCA member in July 2019.

I am looking to apply Sep-Oct 2019 and if all goes according to a plan, considering current guidelines, I will have 60 points (including 5 for state nomination).

I currently work as management accountant and at the point of applying for visa, I will have 1 year of relevant experience (2 years overall, 1 since bachelors).

I have recently read about threshold increase to 75 points, is that correct? If so, are you able to advice what can I do to obtain more points?

Additionally, is membership to ACCA considered as masters or bachelor level?

Thank you,

Magda

Hi Magda,

If you are ACCA you will get 15 points.

Experience will count from the point you would have been eligible to satisfy migration assessment (either through degree or professional qualification).

For accountants there are no current invites for 189, and for 190 it seems 75 points + 5 points from state sponsorship is required.  Note it seems that most invites are for those with experience.

For boosting points suggest you share your current breakdown, but I am not optimistic for accountants at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Ferretts, very kind of you.

My points breakdown as at Oct 2019 will be;

• 25 points for age
  • 15 points for ACCA
  • 20 points for English
  • 0 points for experience (I will have 1 year experience since obtaining degree)
  • 5 points for nomination

= 65 points, if all goes well.

Is getting accredited in a community language difficult? I also speak Polish.

I have been working hard for the past 1.5 year with an aim to apply for a skilled visa, I hope odds for accountants improve next year...

Best Regards,

Magda

10 hours ago, Ferrets said:

Hi Magda,

If you are ACCA you will get 15 points.

Experience will count from the point you would have been eligible to satisfy migration assessment (either through degree or professional qualification).

For accountants there are no current invites for 189, and for 190 it seems 75 points + 5 points from state sponsorship is required.  Note it seems that most invites are for those with experience.

For boosting points suggest you share your current breakdown, but I am not optimistic for accountants at the moment.

Thank you Ferretts, very kind of you.

My points breakdown as at Oct 2019 will be;

• 25 points for age
  • 15 points for ACCA
  • 20 points for English
  • 0 points for experience (I will have 1 year experience since obtaining degree)

= 65 points, if all goes well.

Is getting accredited in a community language difficult? I also speak Polish.

I have been working hard for the past 1.5 year with an aim to apply for a skilled visa, I hope odds for accountants improve next year...

Best Regards,

Magda

Hello again,

I realised that if I apply before May 2019, when I will turn 33 I am actually considered still as 32 year old, therefore if apply in April 19 instead of October, my points breakdown is;

• 30 points for age
  • 15 points for bachelor degree
  • 20 points for English

= 70 points

Can someone please advise if that would work?

Also, what happens if I receive no invite, can I apply again in couple of years?

Than you

Magda

On 25/03/2018 at 21:30, Magdalena K said:

Hello again,

I realised that if I apply before May 2019, when I will turn 33 I am actually considered still as 32 year old, therefore if apply in April 19 instead of October, my points breakdown is;

• 30 points for age
  • 15 points for bachelor degree
  • 20 points for English

= 70 points

Can someone please advise if that would work?

Also, what happens if I receive no invite, can I apply again in couple of years?

Than you

Magda

Hi Magda,

It is good if you can boost your points, but currently there are no invited for 189 and a 190 needs a minimum of 75+5, so as it stands 70/will be insufficient for an invite.

There should be some clarity once DHA start inviting again for the 189, but no idea when that will happen.

I'm also unsure if Polish qualifies for a community language, but if so there may be a possibility to add 5 points.  Other options include partner poo he depending on your circumstances.

Wishing you luck