Need more information about living and cost

Guest tracy_cutie

Guest tracy_cutie

Hey guys, my name is Tracie and I am enrolled at Victoria university as an International student and will be joining it this July end. Since I have never been to Victoria, got no idea about living expense and life there. Can anyone please tell me which will be the best, safe, cheap and close place to live to Footscray campus ? I've heard some wrong things about living in Footscray, Flemington and other close areas to campus. People say that its not safe to go out in nyte ? Is it true?

What is the cost of living in suburbs ( Flemington, Kenigston etc. close to my campus) there? Like how much is the average rent? and how much one should expect expenditure on food and beverages weekly? Is it cheap to make your own food? What about traveling cost ? Is trams, buses and trains are cheaper than car? How much they cost weekly? Is gas is cheap ?

I'd like to work part time over there, to improve my communication and to build some network. What kinda wages should I expect ? And where should I look for jobs ?

I really need some information and would really appreciate it !!!!!!!!!:GEEK:

Guest Brickie
People say that its not safe to go out in nyte ? Is it true?

My son has just completed his degree at Vic Uni Footscray, he had his car broken into twice in the car park and had the radio stolen on both occasions.

Footscray is the drug capitol of Melbourne.

He did well at the Uni, and they seem to run it well, so the Uni itself is not at fault, its just that the scummy drug dealers have moved into the area. :realmad:

Archived