just arived in Melbourne.....

Guest rebecca73

Guest rebecca73

Hi all

I arrived here only a couple of weeks ago (am on my own) and still adjusting to new place, job etc....

have finally found somewhere to live (Richmond) so anyone out there want to meet up for coffee / pint? and can show me some decent pubs / cafes etc....

cheers, Rebecca :D

Guest rich2202

hello Rebecca,

just applied for a visa on visabureau.com and ended up here....... I'm hopefully coming over in Feb when things are sorted here...... can't wait..... initially for a prolonged holiday but I have a friend over there who is asking if I want to work....... I hope you've got settled and your social life has kicked off...... it would be good to get an impression from you about whether it is living up to expectations?

Hopefully talk soon

cheers

Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mccarudd

Hi Rebecca

I'll be there on January 5th (starting work at Monash Uni on 15th). We could swap notes over a beer if you like

Andy

Hi Guys,

My hubby, daughter & I are heading your way on 31st Jan. Hope things are going well for you all. If you fancy meeting up then let me know as it would be nice to speak to some people who are going through the same adjustment.

mccarudd - my sister in law works at Monash Uni (not sure which Dept though...think it has something to do with art). She says its a decent place to work.

Take care & have a great Christmas

Anita x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest samantha_emily

Rebecca,

Hi, ive just joined the site although Ive been living out here for almost a year now. Im living in South Yarra with my boyfriend, we are both 23.

Where In Richmond do you live? Are you interested in meeting up?

Samantha

Guest cosworth123

hope the weather is good!!!! at last my house has sold and we going to make the move to melbourne. looking for a fresh start. we have a 16 year old son who is now finding it hard to leave his friends so any of you with teenage children who have relocated to the dandenong ranges please drop me a line. we also have a 10 year old son and a 6 year old daughter who are looking forward to having a new life in oz.

hope you are settling in ok? did you buy a house or rent?

regards richard

Guest kazzy01

Hi Rebecca

I'm also a solo migratee and wondered how you have found the move alone? I have my visa and now am having cold feet about booking the flight.

I really want to come out to Oz to persue my dream career that I can't do in the UK, on the other hand, it will be really hard t leave my family and friends behind, so would love to here from someone who has done it solo how you are finding it?!

Thanks

Karen

Guest kermit

I have done the solo thing in Australia, and yes it can be a challenge, however the 'New Factor' and you get right into it.

I recommend Australia to all my Brit friends still stuck in the UK pretending that they are not green with envy with the lifestyle that I lve and enjoy on an everyday basis....yes Sydney has it's traffic problems, but when it's 35 degrees and you can pop donw to the beach whenever you love it.

what is you dream job in OZ?

regards

Kermit

Hi Rebecca

I'm also a solo migratee and wondered how you have found the move alone? I have my visa and now am having cold feet about booking the flight.

I really want to come out to Oz to persue my dream career that I can't do in the UK, on the other hand, it will be really hard t leave my family and friends behind, so would love to here from someone who has done it solo how you are finding it?!

Thanks

Karen

Guest kermit

just another thing, yep leaving family and friends is a real killer....painful infact, but once your on that flight and you kick back with a beer/wine and enjoy the inflight servce the thought of going to another world and a better life runs wild.

I come back and visit the UK on a frequent basis, just to get that 'cultural and historical fix' but after a couple of weeks you are itchin' to get back to OZ..it really is the lucky coutry and the worlds best kept secret.

yep I have a go about Australia and Australian 'Rules' but a bit of thought and it is realy not the backward country everybody in the UK thinks it is..it's a young virbrant place full of life...and at present as I am writing this I'm on holiday in the UK....it's raining down here in the Thames Valley and as lush as every thing will be in the UK summer...the weather and short days just make me want to fly out tonight.....1 week to go then I'm back in sydney...and I cant wait.

if you need info on what and where in Australia I would be happy to assist...getting to know my way around the place thanks to work and Qantas.

Do ti you wont regret it...yep you may have those lonely days of 'I want the UK, but if you suddenley want to get back here you can, your gonna want to head straight back to OZ soon after...England is a great country...the best..however the current government does not seem to think so..so all the Brits look and feel miserable...and treet everybody in that same frame of mind...chivalry is dead in the UK as are manners (except on the roads)..yep you will ove your new life down under keep in touch.

Regards

kermit

Hi Rebecca

Thanks

Karen

Archived