EOI

Laura Daniel

Hi all,

i am just starting to apply for my EOI, but am curious to what documents I will need to include? Will I need to upload things like my city & guilds certificate and evidence of my work history e.g. 

I just want to make sure I have all the docs ready to hand

thanks 

Do you have your skills assessment and your English Language test results?  You will need both to proceed (unless you don't need English points and have a UK passport).

Often education and skilled work experience will be covered by the skills assessment.  

Yes if you need the points.  Your UK passport will show basic English (can't remember the terms) but no points.  If you do a test and get good or superior you get 10/20 points.

What is your points breakdown and have you got a skills assessment as well?

You will need to sit an exam to get the English language points otherwise you will only have 55.  On the basis of the screenshot does that mean you don't have a skills assessment either?

You need to make sure you have both completed prior to submitting an EOI - and in fact that is probably the most time consuming element of the Visa application process.  Do you know what your ANZSCO code is and your assessing body?

Lol...tempting as it is then I think that you will need to put the EOI on hold until you get a few things in order first.

1. Find out what your Anzsco code is (that will be on the DIBP website https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/mltssl under the MLTSSL).
  2. Check the assessing authority https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities
  3. Check with that authority the requirements for assessment (documents, education, etc.)
  4. Book an English language exam and revise (I used IELTS http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ ) NOTE that Superior English (20 points) needs 7 accross the board, but some skill assessments require 8.
  5. Note that if you need partner skills then your partner may need a skills assessment and an English test too.

As you are right at the start I would recommend an initial consultation with one of the well regarded MARA agents on this site - it's not expensive (and often free), but will guide you whether you need an agent through the whole process.

Good luck!

Laura you mentioned city and guilds but in order to be classed as a engineer and pass a skills assessment you need a degree which I presume you have.. I'm sure someone who has the knowledge to help you will be along shortly.. don't submit an EOI whatever you do 

6 minutes ago, Laura Daniel said:

That's brilliant

thank you so much for all your help :)

do you have a contact who could guide me?

There are a number of well regarded MARA agents who post regularly on this site that would be well placed to point you on your way, and you could then take a view if you need professional support through the whole process.

Don't think of this as an extra cost - think of it being a potential part of the cost to ensure you get the best visa possible.

Good Luck

8 minutes ago, Liam13 said:

Laura you mentioned city and guilds but in order to be classed as a engineer and pass a skills assessment you need a degree which I presume you have.. I'm sure someone who has the knowledge to help you will be along shortly.. don't submit an EOI whatever you do 

Hi

i don't have a degree I have a city & guilds 232 in electrical engineering and a btech in engineering maths

woukd thid not be enough to go down as an engineer 

2 minutes ago, Laura Daniel said:

Hi

i don't have a degree I have a city & guilds 232 in electrical engineering and a btech in engineering maths

woukd thid not be enough to go down as an engineer 

Per the below you would likely need a degree for the first two, but TRA may take C&G

Electrical ANZSCO.PNG

25 minutes ago, Ferrets said:

Per the below you would likely need a degree for the first two, but TRA may take C&G

Electrical ANZSCO.PNG

I think I might start a new thread regarding this

i may get my answer :)

i have sent an email to the MARA company you provided.

thanks 

Archived