Nundah

Guest ScottPower

Guest ScottPower

Hi

Moving to Brisbane in 8 weeks.

I have been doing some "property hunting" & have seen some lovely townhouses in the Nundah area. Is this a nice area? Are there nice restaurants? Shopping Centres? Pubs? Public transport good? Easy access to CBD?

Any advice would be most welcome.

cant think that ive ever been to Nundah ,but i have been to hendra a fair few times now which is the next door suburb so to say ,,it gives easy access to the city,plenty of shops ,the only thing id be wary of is with it being so close to the airport,if over head planes dont bother you id go for it ,its an ideal base to start out,shouldnt struggle finding work around there to ,lots of industrial areas nearby,,

Cal x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shellybm

hi

i moved to nundah from oxford in november last year with my australian husband and 2 children. we chose it mainly cos like you we'd seen some reasonable townhouses on realestate.com.au and my husband has family dotted around this area too.

there's a decent supermarket here and a few shops; there's a decent fish n chip shop, a good thai place; noodle bar and a greek and indian place which we haven't tried yet.

it used to be seen as a less desirable place to live cos there's a centrelink office here (where people claim benefits etc) but prices here have gone through the roof now and it's sought after.

it takes 15 minutes by train to get into the CBD and the trains are pretty regular in rush hour tho they can get crowded. i often have to stand on my commute but as it's only 15 mins it could be worse.

you can also get a bus from nundah which takes you to chermside shopping centre which is huge. the bus takes about 10 minutes.

there are some nice parks in the area too and the schools are decent.

we rent a modern 3 bed, 2 bathroom townhouse for $350 a week which is pretty reasonable. the good thing is we don't have to pay for council tax or water so that saves money.

let me know if you want to know anything else about the area and good luck with your move

michelle

Guest MandyJB

Hi

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have been looking at nundah also and was just wondering how bad is the aeroplane noise.

Thanks

Guest shellybm

hi

i can honestly say i've never noticed the aeroplane noise at all - it's really quiet around here. maybe it depends on which part of Nundah you're in but have never heard anyone complain of aeroplane noise and we know a few people in different parts of Nundah.

cheers

michelle

Guest MandyJB

Thanks Michelle.

One more question, are there any areas around nundah that you would advise to stay away from.. We are a family of 4, but the 2 kids are grown up...19 and 22. Have been looking at the whole area around nundah including Hamilton, Wilston, windsor, gordon park etc. Any info on these areas?

Thank you

Mandy

Guest shellybm
Thanks Michelle.

One more question, are there any areas around nundah that you would advise to stay away from.. We are a family of 4, but the 2 kids are grown up...19 and 22. Have been looking at the whole area around nundah including Hamilton, Wilston, windsor, gordon park etc. Any info on these areas?

Thank you

Mandy

Hi

There is a Centrelink office (where people go to claim benefits etc) near to Nundah station so you do sometimes see a few dodgy people round there and people are a bit snobby about suburbs with Centrelink offices. But have to say it doesn't bother me and you get dodgy people everywhere. I know from word of mouth that Hamilton, Windsor and Wilston are all good areas but they have a price tag to match! Don't know about Gordon Park. Ascot is a nice area too and it has Racecourse road running through it which has some nice restaurants and cafe society. Paddington is nice too.

Not sure if you're looking to buy or rent but interest rates are 10% over here at the moment and could go up further.

If you haven't already I would check out Home | ourbrisbane.com - it has a rundown of all the suburbs and gives you a good overview.

cheers

michelle

Guest msceri

Hi,

I'm heading out to a homestay in Nundah in September and was wondering about the area - so thanks for all the info, it sounds like a pretty good place to live! At the moment I live in England, about 5km from an airport so I'll be used to the air traffic noise if there is any!

Ceri

Archived