Regional work motivation

Davefitz

Hi

I am in my third week of regional work but I am really struggling my partner is still yet to find work where we are and I am constantly worrying wether we will get it done and wether I will last at trying to stick it out. 

We we have been here for four months and thought getting it out the way asap was a good way to do it but all day I am just thinking about her not working and me the only one working and wether she will find work to get it done. 

I am really de motivated coming to Australia was my dream but I just feel lost/stuck at the moment. 

Has anyone gone through what I have do you have any words of wisdom for me to man up please I need some help 

I done regional work up in north victoria in a veggie farm, it was hard work and in the middle of nowhere. I was one of the few that worked almost all day everyday so thats what kept me occupied, I could drive a tractor and worked on the machinery. I wondered how I was gona do it too. what kept me going was the determination to get my 2nd whv, and im glad i did because I met my wife to be! Once you've it done youll be glad. What type of work are you doing ? and where ?

17 minutes ago, Lever40 said:

I done regional work up in north victoria in a veggie farm, it was hard work and in the middle of nowhere. I was one of the few that worked almost all day everyday so thats what kept me occupied, I could drive a tractor and worked on the machinery. I wondered how I was gona do it too. what kept me going was the determination to get my 2nd whv, and im glad i did because I met my wife to be! Once you've it done youll be glad. What type of work are you doing ? and where ?

I know once I've got it it'll be such a good feeling but with it so far off and my partner not working it feels like I am working towards nothing at the moment. What was the hours like when you was working all them days consecutively ? Did the weekends count for you ?

how come your partner is not working ? whats your stats? eg date arrived in oz and how long you have left on your first whv?

Yeah weekends counted for me, I worked anything up to 18 hours a day, depending on the weather. we got $20 an hour but had to fork out $420 a week on rent and food costs to live at the farm. It can be hard work on a farm, the one I worked on has very high standards so they went through back packers like sweets. I seen over 50 in my 4 months on the farm and only myself, another Irish lad, 2 Estonians, 5 french and 2 German girls lasted the whole time. Just be thankful you've probably missed the most of the hot weather! My highest was 49.5 degrees, total savage! 

Pretty sure you dont have to do it all in a row anyway. as long as its 88 days in total from memory, move around if you want. Could probably get you a contact for the farm I worked in, theres field work for both lads and ladies or kitchen work for just the ladies too 

I arrived 6th January 2017. The place we are in all the work is taken at the moment they have not properly started harvesting yet so maybe once that's started she will as people who have jobs still are not working as they are waiting for the harvest to start. 

I know I'd be much happier if we were both working. I think we might give it till the end of April if nothing for her the we will have to go elsewhere. It's just that my job signs off 7 days and the farms she might be working on will sign that also