Skill assessment through RPL

Hi –

I humbly hope that someone would be kind enough to provide me some guidance here on my case.

My profile

-          Two year’s Bachelor’s degree in Economics , Education and Advanced English from government university (non- ICT of course) – 1996

-          One year’s Diploma in Oracle Forms/Reports & database administration from a private institute (ICT) -2000

-          15 years of closely related working experience for AZZCODE 261112 System Analyst

-          Turning 44 this October 10th 2017

-          Married with 2 kids

-          Proficient in English

Action plan

-          I am going for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

-          Not going with the MARA agent to save money

-          Take it one step at a time

Question

-          For suitable ICT skills assessment from ACT, I am not sure if I should go for Diploma category or Non-ICT Diploma. The reason for my confusion is that

(1) I was awarded one diploma certificate which does not provide the breakdown of my subjects which was definitely ICT related. Can  I can get the breakdown on their letter head and will this be suitable for ACS ?

(2) will ACT even consider this private institute for assessment or they always need government institutes ?

(3) What if ACT consider this not enough education and sends me a non-qualification letter in that case I have to spend 550+ AD$ more to get myself assessed on RPL report. Should I start with RPL to save time?

Appreciate help here.

To be considered "skilled" you need a university degree with minor or major in ICT. A one year diploma do not qualify, therefore the only option I see is RPL.

That also means you'll lose 8 years of experience as "hands-on qualification" and only for what's on top of those you'll receive points.

Thanks a million Ozee and  Just to clarify, at the following link the criteria says:

https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria-2014.pdf

Non-ICT Diploma or higher | 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in past work history plus a successful RPL application 

Can i submit my RPL but request ACS to consider my 1 year ICT diploma?

I see requirements have changed since I did my RPL in 2014/2015. Back then ACS was deducting 8 years if the university was non-ICT.

To answer your question: if immigration will find your university degree equivalent to an AU degree then you'll get 15 points.

Same, if after you'll have enough years of experience closely related with the nominated position after the "deemed date" then you'll obtain 15 points.

Btw... pay attention to the content of your references from your past jobs. Should be quite similar with the ACS job description, otherwise could be seen as irelevant. Same with the name of the role.