Good news, bad news

KazzE

I got my TRA assessment back to day and the good news is I have passed.....

As a Hairdresser !

I have not worked as a hairdresser for about 20 years, I only included my apprenticship papers and a reference as evidence of previous employment.

I have worked in childcare for the last 20 years and have qualifications coming out of my ears in this field as well as over 4yrs recent work experience in my present role dealing with professionals at all levels from practitioners up to local and national governement level

apparently I do not quite meet the requirements for childcare coordinator (although that is my job title here) as I do not manage a child care centre

I do manage a large group of childcarers working with 0-16 year age range, in fact I do everything on the list they sent me (I had already seen it and had based my statement on it) except manage a physical building.

I can ring to discuss before appealing so that is what I am going to do tonight before I go to bed

I DON T WANNA GO OVER AS A HAIRDRESSER :cry:

has anyone else spoken directly to TRA?

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Hi

I agree with Spray 21. As long as you get there thats the main thing. 8) Apparently, hairdressers are the most sought after trade which means you will be given high priority and greater chances of being accepted in a shorter timescale.

Once there you can get a job in any field - oh to have such choices :wink:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Mandie.

Hi

I agree also switch jobs when you get there. If you have a great cv then if you apply for a job in your chosen profession I would have thought you would be fine. I hear hairdressing is quite poorly paid though and if you don't want to do it i'd stick with childcare with your experience I would have thought you would be snapped up.

Good luck

Kaye :)

Thanks for replies

I don't actually care how we get over there, I just don't want to be stuck doing a job that I no longer have any interest in

the next problem would be the fact that I have not worked 'officially' as a hairdresser for 20yrs and unofficially (family friends etc) for at least 10yrs probably more, this would probably stuff the visa application

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I thought you had to work in the trade you gain your visa with?

I am seriously thinking of going over in the new year to find a job in the childcare field and hope someone will see how wonderful I am and snap me up

:oops:

I keep reading that they are desperate for childcare professionals

thnx

Karen

Guest bluenico
Thanks for replies

I don't actually care how we get over there, I just don't want to be stuck doing a job that I no longer have any interest in

the next problem would be the fact that I have not worked 'officially' as a hairdresser for 20yrs and unofficially (family friends etc) for at least 10yrs probably more, this would probably stuff the visa application

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I thought you had to work in the trade you gain your visa with?

I am seriously thinking of going over in the new year to find a job in the childcare field and hope someone will see how wonderful I am and snap me up

:oops:

I keep reading that they are desperate for childcare professionals

thnx

Karen

Hi Karen,

Thought that The Trade you gained a successful TRA in is the Trade you have to apply fr a visa, and further more have Recent Work Experience within that Trade IE 12 out of the last 24 Months.

Hope you get in and get your wish !

Guest The.Colebecks

You don't have to work in the field your TRA was based on once you get there. Hubby is a sparks here but does not want to continue that career if we get there, he wants to have a complete change :shock:

Great news on the TRA xx

Hi KazzE

Just to say hello, I'm in Southampton and awaiting result of my TRA... as a childcare co-ordinator. So a little nervous now as I don't run a centre either (work for EECU).

GULP. How long did you wait for your response?

We knew this would be the most tricky bit but felt positive when we sent the paperwork in.

Well done anyway on getting the TRA, and good luck if you appeal. Let us know how you get on.

best wishes

Debbie :?

Hi Debs

thanks for the support,

hmmmm not sure if you realise that I am from hants? or if you know who I am or who I work for but I would appreciate it if anything said on here was not discussed else where, as I do not want it to be common knowledge just yet, the same goes for me not discussing you (not that I know who you are :? )

I sent my TRA off on 3rd Nov it was signed for at TRA on 6th and the letter is dated 19th Nov

I felt quite positive when I sent mine off :cry:

I have an NVQ3 (post secondary qualification) and over 4yrs experience, everyone so far has indicated that this would be more than enough and this would get me a job as a nursery manager here I am sure - the only thing I can see on the fact sheet for childcare coordinator that I do not do is manage a physical building or maintain accounts

I have read through the reply and there was no verification or interviews done and the documentary evidence boxes ticked seem to match childcare evidence not hairdressing as they have ticked training documents and work experience and not apprenticship

the letter says I can ring to discuss but feel a bit nervous about doing this in case I say something to jepardise the hairdressing skills assessment

I am sure that I would need to have work experience for 12-18month s before applying for the visa as a hairdresser - not 20yrs before :shock:

wonderful support as usual

Hi KazzE

No worries, just to reaasure you I have NO idea who you are!

Go on ring them up - nothing to lose I wouldn't have thought.

best wishes

Debs

Hi

Just chipping in a few words here, you don't have to do the job that you got thru the TRA on. If you're applying for a perm residents visa, so long as you get it, you can change jobs immediately once you are here. If you have proof to give someone over here that your last job was in childcare and can provide references, then there should be no problems I would have thought.

Jackie

Archived