Tafe job ready

FutureNOZ

Hey nice to meet everyone and great forum. I have been searching a lot here and finding some great info. I am a crane operator by trade that already used up my working holiday visa and I am now 33 years old. It is my dream to one day have a life in Australia. I have been talking to an agent from Pathway to Aus by email and phone for the past year about studying a trade in Australia and then progressing to PR. He has been very helpful and given me lots of info and almost makes the whole process sound too easy which I assume it is not. I am planning on studying carpentry on the Gold Coast. I have a lot of experience in commercial construction already and a pretty good grasp of how things work on site. I have read a lot of negative views about taking this route and most people advise to get your trade first and then go to Australia. I wish crane op was on the list but I do like carpentry so I am thinking to give it a shot. I would like to hear from anyone that has succesfully completed the Job ready program or any advice in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I skipped the job ready program and got my employer to sponsor me, but it wasn't easy.

I'm afraid I'm in the 'get the qualification before coming' camp.

Take everything study agents say with a BIG pinch of salt. They get commission for signing you up to courses. I had 2/3 give me incorrect info which would have left me having to leave at the end of my course, even though they said it was easy.

Before signing up to anything check with a migration agents (Mara registered). And be aware that things can change quickly. I was 20 hours away from a positive skills assessment so I could apply for PR when the job ready program was announced. Even though I could have got my application there before the cut off day they said they wouldn't process it until after then. Then three months after that LOADS of the jobs people studied here for were removed. Including mine. I've never known stress like it.

Archived