TRA skills assessment confusion!

jobiz

Hi

I am in the process of getting all the information together for my husbands Skills Assessment with TRA. He is a painting trades worker and has been for the past 12 years, but for at least 6 of those years he was self employed. I am a little confused as to what i need to include in his application. It says to include a Personal Statement detailing his self-employment periods, but then i also found a Self-Employment Template on the government website, but I was also advised to complete a Statutory Declaration regarding the self employment. I wanted to know what exactly I should do or do I need to complete all three documents???

Please help as I seem to just be going around in circles trying to find the right info.

Thanks

Ah, that's because you have the joy of getting into this just at the point when the TRA application requirements have changed radically (20th February to be exact).

TRA are no longer accepting employment references and statutory declarations.

It's now self employment templates, and employment templates for direct employment.

Actually, the system has been simplified, and you can now submit applications via email, which is a bonus.

Regards,

Richard

Archived