Skills Assessment Proof Of Self Employment

mrtc

OK, so I'm sorting out my skills assessment (coming to Oz from the UK). I need to provide proof of work. I've been self employed for the past 9 years. The Australian Computer Society who are judging my skills require "business registration certificates covering each period of self-employment". This is fine for my ltd company, however I was trading as a self employed worker previously which only has the self assessment filings as records of prior employment in my early days of being in business.

Does anyone have any guidance on how I can provide further information to validate this?

Thanks

T

Hi T,

I'm in the same process but by TRA as Hardware Technician. I was thinking to provide HMRC statements of being registered as self-employed and letter from accountant when registration occured. Basically being self-employed is gov.uk/working-for-yourself isn't it?

Alternatively I was thinking to provide liability insurance letter. But I'm sceptical how helpful it is.

Cheers.

G

Submitted from my mobile, please excuse my brevity.

The ACS came back with a copy & paste of info from their site as follows:

Please include the following documentation:

· business registration certificates covering each period of self-employment

· a statement on a letterhead from your accountant or legal representative certifying the name and nature of your business

· Statements from your clients with details of the work performed and dates. These statements should cover the entirety of the experience claimed.

I'm going to go back to them to see if they would offer further clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically these are the requirements which are with TRA as well. Seems like they are quite same regardless of the asessing body.

- I don't have Ltd registered and only business reg.cert I can provide is self employment commencing and completing dates with my accounting for the past years provided from my accountant and backed by HMRC with their annual tax summary where it states my income from self assessment. This is available in their PA portal. Also requested it in paper.

- statement from my accountant as per above stating name, nature of my business and start end dates.

- for the client statements basically it seems like it more like a reference/testimonials for projects you've done for them. With work performed etc. Have a look at "the TRA - GUIDES and sample references" they have great examples for TRA. ACS should be pretty close.

G

Submitted from my mobile, please excuse my brevity.

Archived