Where's best !????

Guest the terry's

Guest the terry's

Hi all you knowledgable people, I have this dilema of sorts. We've narrowed down in Victoria where to go but not necessarily where to live, if you get what I mean. Anyway, we're looking between Winchelsea and the Bellarine Peninsular, Geelong and all that however, and here goes.....

a) where is a good secondary school for a 15 yr old girl? ,

b) nursery/playgroup for a 2 yr old? ,

c) apart from East Geelong TAFE is there anywhere else youngest son can learn a trade?

d) Somewhere hubby can go fishing and doesn't take hours to get there!!!!?

e) Has a decent garden 50ft plus? ,

That's it for now will probably think of other things after posting this but this will suffice for now.:err:

Cheers

Helenx

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Helen

Can't help in regards to Geelong as we are from the South East Burbs, but just wanted to say hi. Have you considered the Mornington Peninsula as you would have great fishing, great schools and large plots?

Guest the terry's

Hi guys I emailed you the other day didn't realise you are on here as well, what a small world !!!

Anyway, will pose the same question to you but make it the Mornington Peninsular instead. I have had a look but not too sure about the 'good' and 'not so good' area's, if you know what I mean, any comments will be grateful. We initially thought of Ferntree Gully but every time I see a new place I think that looks good what about living there aaarrgghhh what a dilema.

Cheers for now and hopefully be in touch nearer the time for our big move.

Helenx

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok for the Peninsula my answers would be:

Suburbs - I would say Mornington, Mount Eliza or Mount Martha, Frankston South is recommended by a lot of expats and some say Frankston North has it's good and bad areas. However, I would say the first three are you best.

Fishing charters are run from Mornington, Rye, Sorrento and a few other places around the bay and fish in the bay are Whiting, Flathead, Snapper and Squid. You can go on dolphin cruises from Sorrento.

I think Berwick is a lovely place probably around 20minutes to the beach. Lynbrook, Lyndhurst and Sandhurst are all nice suburbs around 10 minutes from the beach. You also have Patterson Lakes which most of it is a gated development built around a marina. It reminds me a lot of the villa complexes in America. Some people have their own boats moored outside their homes. You can also fish in Patterson River. Here is a link to fishing in Victoria Fishing report for Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

My children don't go to school on the Peninsula so I can't help there but if you look at the links Geoffrey has sent they should be very useful to you.

Take care.

I think Mornington Peninsula because I live here and I live in Somerville which is westernport side and I love the westernport side because there are not so many people over here and its more country and more friendly. There are lots of lovely houses in Hastings for example on large acreage. Bittern is a favourite now. Balnarring is lovely. Mornington you can be so far away from the shops. Transport is hopeless. We have the train over on this side and a good bus service. In Somerville you can walk to everything, doctors, shopping centre, (they are presently building another shopping centre), Tennis club, footy club everything, gym with pool and the best is we are closer to Westernport Highway and Moorooduc Road for going to work not as far as Mount Eliza and Mornington. That said it depends where you work where you live really as Melbourne being such a big place it can take a while to get to work and obviously its better if you can work close to where you live.

Archived