Are accountants with 70 points being offered EOI & help with points please!

laevans

Fingers crossed for those of you waiting today! We've decided not to submit our EOI for this round, maybe the next round or in preparation for August. Will see how this round goes and what is said about occupation ceiling and points requirements for accountants. 

Hey guys so been following and lots updates today, so those who submitted an EOI accountant on 75 points in April for invited today! So hopefully not long before they catch up to June! My question is, we originally submitted our EOI 27th march but had 65 points then, hubbie sat PTE in June and then had 75 points so if our EOI for 75 effectively classed as June as do they class it from March? 

Anyway goodluck everyone and goodluck for when you apply StayorGo! 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed reference to external site

8 hours ago, laevans said:

Hey guys so been following and lots updates today, so those who submitted an EOI accountant on 75 points in April for invited today! So hopefully not long before they catch up to June! My question is, we originally submitted our EOI 27th march but had 65 points then, hubbie sat PTE in June and then had 75 points so if our EOI for 75 effectively classed as June as do they class it from March? 

Anyway goodluck everyone and goodluck for when you apply StayorGo! 

Hello, 

Hope you receive the invite very soon. Can you please confirm the points you have mentioned includes state sponsorship? Or it is without state sponsorship? 

Thanks in advance :)

Hello our 75 points is for the 189, and we have 75+5 for a 190 state sponsorship. 

Some good updates today- looks like all back dated 80 pointers have been invited yesterday  and all 75 pointers until mid April! 

Edited by NickyNook
Removed reference to external site

I believe your EOI date is now June. Anything which changes the points you're claiming will reset the date to that point.

Does look as though 75 & 80 pointers have moved to April, like you say. Could be a couple more rounds before June but fingers crossed! I also read on another forum that NSW has invited a few ICT occupations today so maybe they're picking up their invites again...

On 7/12/2017 at 17:41, laevans said:

Hello our 75 points is for the 189, and we have 75+5 for a 190 state sponsorship. 

Some good updates today- looks like all back dated 80 pointers have been invited yesterday  and all 75 pointers until mid April! 

Thanks a lot for your reply here... Highly appreciated and All the very best for the invite :)

Edited by NickyNook
Removed link to external site

Hello

I am hoping to put my EOI in soon, just waiting for the skills and employment assessments coming back from CPA.  I have done the IELTS Academic and only got a 7 for writing, I know to get superior English you need 8s for each element but is the fact that you've taken the Academic test get taken into account?  Would they see a 7 at Academic equivalent to 8 at general?  

The 10 points obviously make a huge difference.

Thanks  

Hi @suziemac59 I think as far as DIBP is concerned, IELTS is IELTS. Whichever one you take you have to get 8's in all sections:

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-superior-english

Have you considered PTE academic if you wish to re-sit and gain the extra points? I didn't do IELTS so can't comment on the differences, but I found PTE very straight forward to revise for and managed to get the required scores for superior english on my first attempt. There is a sticky thread on this forum I believe where people discuss the differences. 

Best of luck :)

How many points do you with have with the 10 for English? 

Would a new result change your skills assessment? I only ask as my husband's CA skills assessment includes his English results. Don't know if it matters if you had another result that was higher.maybe not! 

1 hour ago, suziemac59 said:

Thanks for your replies. Was hoping not to have to take another test but looks like I'll have to. I will look into the Pearson Test.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hey! You only need all 7s in academic for the CPA assessment! You do not have to take academic IELTS for points for the visa, you purely needed to sit the academic for CPA only. 

My husband sat the PTE academic after two failed attempts at IELTS to get superior as we need the 20 points and he sat PTE last minute no prep and got full marks! So maybe that could suit you better x 

22 hours ago, Stayorgo said:

How many points do you with have with the 10 for English? 

Would a new result change your skills assessment? I only ask as my husband's CA skills assessment includes his English results. Don't know if it matters if you had another result that was higher.maybe not! 

I'll only have 65 without superior English which doesn't appear to be enough.  I don't need the higher mark for the skills assessment just the points test.

Ok, yes you will definitely need the extra points as no accountants under 75 points seem to be being invited. I spoke to an agent a few weeks back and they said accountants right now it's so hard and must have 75 to be in with a chance of a visa as there not sure how soon or if at all they will invite 70 pointers! This visa stuff is so hard! Go for gold on the exam and get yourself those points xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

For any accountants out there, it looks (from various places in the internet, but nothing official from DIBP) as though todays invitation round cleared all 75 pointers up to 25 May. So potentially 70 pointers might be in with a shout in a couple of rounds time?

@laevans - hopefully we're in in 2 weeks time though! Fingers crossed :)

Arrrrrr I was waiting for you to comment! Eek that's so exciting and wow they certainly have cleared a lot up this round! Oh gosh few more weeks and it could all start to become super real!! I really hope they also start to offer 70 pointers as some have been waiting forever!goodluck and keep in touch Hun! X

Hi all . Just wanted to ask did anyone of you had any update regarding your invitation? We've waiting from almost 9 months on 70 points for 189 and 75+5 for 190 but it seems to be impossible now as they're taking EOI's with 75 or 80 points . We lodged our EOI on 14 nov 2016 and still no reply ?

Hi @Uroosa, did you mean 70+5 for state sponsorship?

For the 189 visa, according to the DIBP website the 70 point accountants have been invited up to 24th October 2016 DOE. As mentioned above though they cleared all 80 pointers to date and 75 pointers to (hopefully) 25th May. So dependent on how many more 75 and 80 pointers apply in the future, and how many accountants they invite in each future round, then they may start picking up 70 pointers again in a couple of rounds. Fingers crossed for you.

Nobody can know when states will invite for the 190 though.

• Like 1

Oh yeah soo sorry , I meant 70+5 . So according to DIBP , we should hope for the next round as we applied in nov . I really hope it happens,  its been a long time .our previous visa expired and we had to spend $13000 on student , even it came after 2.5 months ?? . So yeah now , fingers crossed for next round. 

By the way , when is the next round now? Thanks