Newbie with lot of questions

SoniaG

Hello,

I am planning to start my migration process and am kind of lost. Would really appreciate if someone could clear the following questions for me.

1. I hold a Bachelors degree in Information Technology and was working as a Software Engineer for 2 years and 9 months. At my next employer, i was working as a Web Support managing the company's website content and recently got promoted to the position of Web Administrator (experience 3 years and 2 months). I would like to know which occupation will i able to apply under SOL. Can i go for Software Engineer?

2. I plan to do this myself without using an agent and would like to know if there is any money to be paid for the submission of skills assessment? I met with an agent here and she said the following fees are applicable:

a. Skills assessment submission - 150 AUD

b. If i choose to take state nomination i will pay an additional of 150 AUD

c. After i get the invite, to process the papers i will pay the Aus visa fees of 3600 AUD.

Everywhere i checked, i only saw the mention of visa fees as AUD 3600. Could someone please clarify if the other 2 also exists or am i being overcharged by the agent?

3. While submitting the skills assessment, is there any predefined format for submitting my experience letter so i can avoid any kind of rejection?

I would really appreciate a detailed response.

Thank you!

Sonia George

Hi Sonia, I'm a bit confused by your post. You are using an agent, and think you are being overcharged, but want to do it yourself? Yes, there are lodgement charges to be paid for the skills assessment (around $500 - 550 for ACS Skills Assessment) and visa ($3600 if you are the only applicant), and if you are using an agent they will also charge a professional fee for their time and experience. I don't think any agent here can advise you how to avoid rejection on the basis of an experience letter, the whole process is a little more complicated than that.

Hello Leanne,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have not initiated the immigration process and went to meet with an agent to learn more about this. That's when she gave me all this cost breakdown. The amount i specified are without the agency fees. She will be charging me separately for that.

Best Regards,

Sonia George

Archived