Child and family health nurse jobs advice please

Lynda Richardson

Hi,

im a health visitor in Uk/ child and family health nurse in aus.

ive been looking for job inAdelaide area for last year, never seem to come up.

there are always lots in Nsw /Sydney. Wondered if anyone has had any experience.

Also has anyone any advice re sponsored Visa?

ive had some advice from go Matilda to apply for skilled temporary visa, as main applicant.

we can just about scrape together enough points, age is against us as we are 46 .

Any thoughts would be great.

You may have to consider applying for something else and then looking for your ideal job once here. I was a band 7 community nurse, took an RN 1.9 post here on the wards when we first moved over, a few months later, I was back in community having applied for a position there.

We emigrated just over 4 years ago at the age of 55. I was a Health Visitor in Cornwall.

We landed in Adelaide but there was nothing in my line. My husband is a teacher and he could find nothing.

Anyway we travelled up and down the East coast and eventually stayed in Cairns. He found teaching work but still nothing in my line.

Anyway I now work as a support worker with indigenous people. Pay pretty rubbish but love the job!