register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Maggie2308

NSW sponsored Visa Application - Timeline

Hi Allm

My other half has just lodged our EOI for the a state sponsored visa in NSW (im assuming its a 190). He is a plumber and has 60 points.

I have been driving him mad with questions so though it would be an idea to post on here to get some idea of what others are experiencing.

Can someone give me an idea if the time getting selected differs for each profession and if anyone has had any experiences with this for a plumber?

Does everyone get a Case Officer do you only get one when you have been selected?

As the spouse what do I need to do? I dont seem have done much really so is there anything I can do to help.

We are currently using an agent to get this visa and so far it has taken a year to get everything done and the EOI to be lodged. Its so long and i just cant see light at the end of the tunnel so any advice/experiences would be great.

Thanks all ss

EOI: Lodged 11/1/17

CO:

Visa Application:

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By james3680
        Hello everyone,
        I completed medicals June 25th and also police check is uploaded. Can anyone advise their timelines to 489 visa grant after this? i.e after uploading police check and completing medicals.
        Much appreciated.
      • By whoiam
        This timeline and info thread is for those who have lodged their applications post 1st July,2012, under the new skillselect scheme.
         The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who currently live and work in Australia. It is part of the permanent Employer Sponsored visa program.
        To apply for this visa, you must:
        be nominated by an approved employer be younger than 50 years of age meet the skills and qualifications requirements meet English language requirements. If you are nominated to apply for this visa, you must lodge your application online within six months of the date the nomination was approved.
        When you apply, you must select one of the visa’s three streams.
        Choose the Temporary Residence Transition stream if you are a subclass 457 visa holder who has worked for your employer for two years in the nominated occupation and your employer wants to offer you a permanent position in that occupation. Choose the Direct Entry stream if you have never, or only briefly, worked in the Australian labour market and have not held a subclass 457 visa for the last two years, or if you are applying directly from outside Australia. Choose the Agreement stream if you are being sponsored by an employer through a tailored and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.
      • By lesleyh
        Hi,  we  lodged our 143 visa application  in June 2015,  has anyone an idea as when immi will first pick it up and make contact for police checks,  medicals etc.. Thank you for any replies. 

• By kieu
        Dear all,

I would like to ask if it helps CO to confirm his/her decision if a 457 visa application is lodged before the nomination is approved?

My situation is my boss lodged the nomination application in late May and received a request for more information in late June; we then have been waiting until now. My boss did not pass me the TRN as he is used to having the visa application lodgement only after the nomination is approved.

The thing is, I read the following latest newsletter update on an agency website:

Processing times and changes to caseload allocation
        The Department is undertaking a number of steps in an effort to reduce processing times. Under one such initiative, 457 processing will move to a “global allocation model” across the Department’s five processing centres. Associated nominations and visa applications will be allocated to one case officer at the same time. This is a move designed to improve consistency of decision-making as well as improving efficiency.

So I wonder will nominations without relevant visa application noted are being put aside until the IMMI receives it, so that the CO can assess the case with all information at once. Grateful for your advice and comments.

Many thanks,
        kieu
      • By hope2017
        Please your share timeline after citizenship change announcement