Dependent(newborn) visa for a PhD scholar parent

mayawino

Hi there,

how is everyone out there ? I hope in good health.

I'm posting this query out there as I need immediate help . We a family of 4 have PR visa but currently we

living outside Australia ( PR visa expires in Dec 2018).

My husband has been awarded a PhD scholarship in an Australian university and he will be starting

his program in the fall 2017. We were planning to relocate to Australia in 2017 permenantly.

The issue at hand is that we now have a new born for which we have to apply a child visa 101. Now for which visa we should go for ? We want to relocate together instead of waiting for 14 months for the child visa to be approved. Can my husband apply for our baby under the dependent / family visa of a student?

Or the tourist visa?

What is the processing time of family/dependent visa of a student

what is the processing time for a tourist visa ?

I would really appreciate if any one can help me here . We have plans to move in the May 2017 so please help us out. We are currently in the process of making birth documents / passport of our new baby.

Maya

Hi

I have just done a 101 for my son, we are like you, a family of 4, 3 of us have PR already but my son who was born in February does not. I applied 20 May 2016 and was asked for some further information, police clearance (AGAIN!!!) and medicals. I submitted these and then to my surprise received my grant on the 1 July. So from submission to grant was 6 weeks and nowhere even close to the advised 10-12 months. I don't want to advise you to go any route as I am no advisor, just letting you know what my situation was :)

Cheers,

J

Hi there,

how is everyone out there ? I hope in good health.

I'm posting this query out there as I need immediate help . We a family of 4 have PR visa but currently we

living outside Australia ( PR visa expires in Dec 2018).

My husband has been awarded a PhD scholarship in an Australian university and he will be starting

his program in the fall 2017. We were planning to relocate to Australia in 2017 permenantly.

The issue at hand is that we now have a new born for which we have to apply a child visa 101. Now for which visa we should go for ? We want to relocate together instead of waiting for 14 months for the child visa to be approved. Can my husband apply for our baby under the dependent / family visa of a student?

Or the tourist visa?

What is the processing time of family/dependent visa of a student

what is the processing time for a tourist visa ?

I would really appreciate if any one can help me here . We have plans to move in the May 2017 so please help us out. We are currently in the process of making birth documents / passport of our new baby.

Maya

The child visa is the correct visa for your situation. To get a dependent student visa, your husband would have to apply for a student visa which would be extremely foolish as he already has PR and would be giving it up!

Hopefully the wait won't be as long as you think as per the post above. There are no other legitimate options that I can think of, we all have to join a processing queue.

Hi

I know about the child visa 101 and that it is the way but the reason I was asking

about the dependent visa so that we can relocate before his academic session

starts

As I said the student visa is not an option unless your OH is willing to give up PR and pay international student fees.

Archived