Parent visa application

Tulip1

Can anyone help me please. Currently filling in a parent visa app and the checklist asks for 'evidence of where all your children reside (eg. passport, citizenship or residence certificate)'. I could provide a copy of their passports but that will not confirm evidence of where they reside as they reside in Australia and yet their passports are British ones. I would assume evidence of where they reside would have to be something like a utility bill confirming their address but it doesn't suggest anything like this. Their Australian addresses will be on the application form anyway so shall I just get them to get certified copies of their passports?

Can anyone help me please. Currently filling in a parent visa app and the checklist asks for 'evidence of where all your children reside (eg. passport, citizenship or residence certificate)'. I could provide a copy of their passports but that will not confirm evidence of where they reside as they reside in Australia and yet their passports are British ones. I would assume evidence of where they reside would have to be something like a utility bill confirming their address but it doesn't suggest anything like this. Their Australian addresses will be on the application form anyway so shall I just get them to get certified copies of their passports?

Hi

Welcome to the parent visa treadmill.

We supplied copies of our sons permanent residency visa, what DIBP are looking for is proof that your offspring are "settled" in Australia l, so I don't think a British passport would suffice.

Hope this helps.

Remember to look at the specific thread on here for any advice and support on the parent visa process.

There are loads of us going through, or have gone through the long process.

Good luck and if I, or any of us fellow parent visa applicants can help - please feel free to ask!

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Thank you everyone. My children have had PR for over 10 years now and have lived in Australia continuously for over 8 years. One has now got Australian citizenship, others haven't bothered to as yet. I thought about the PR visa but they were in old, expired passports and it's all electronic now. That's why I thought of the passports as immigration will be able to see they all have PR from their passports I assume. There is a page in the application you can write notes so maybe I'll explain there. I'm sure if they need more from me they will contact me and ask. If anyone can think of anything else please say and thanks again