Looking for a Tax Agent

oscarcat

Hello everyone,

My previous Australian tax agent has retired, and I need to find an alternative person/company who is familiar with the ins and outs of how UK income is taxed.

Has anybody had particularly good or bad experiences with tax consultants in Australia, specifically in the Brisbane south area? I need someone familiar with an income source derived from the UK State Retirement Pension (paid directly into an Australian bank account) and UK employment pension which is transferred over from time to time when the exchange rate is judged to be favourable.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Many thanks.

Hello everyone,

My previous Australian tax agent has retired, and I need to find an alternative person/company who is familiar with the ins and outs of how UK income is taxed.

Has anybody had particularly good or bad experiences with tax consultants in Australia, specifically in the Brisbane south area? I need someone familiar with an income source derived from the UK State Retirement Pension (paid directly into an Australian bank account) and UK employment pension which is transferred over from time to time when the exchange rate is judged to be favourable.

I can totally recommend @Alan Collett

I shouldn't think so. Andrew is a financial advisor, the OP needs an accountant. Two totally different things.

Yup, Andrew may well be able to recommend accountants but that's about it.

I would be happy to help you and have a number of clients with UK pension income.

One point to clarify - assuming you are an Australian tax resident, UK-sourced pension income is assessable income in Australia, regardless of whether or when it is transferred to an Australian bank account.

Hello everyone,

Archived