Any info on Ipswich?

mccreadiet

Hi Guys,

Any one got any recommendations of suburbs in Ipswich, any places to avoid etc? not my first choice of place to be moving to but as I will be working in the area it makes sense to avoid a long commute from Brisbane every day! I plan on renting there for around a year from Jan, with a budget of approx 500pw, plenty of choice on the property websites, but tough to get a feel for the area.

Will initially be my self for a few months then my wife and child (1 year old) will join after a few months, Will be looking for somewhere safe and reasonably quiet, nightlife isn't a big deal, we would perhaps eat out a few nights a month, access to parks and public transport high up the list!

anybody know the area or any recommendations would be great, as I don't know the area at all, all the recces have been to Brisbane!

Thanks

There are lots of nice places to live within a reasonable commute so dont worry too much. Like anywhere some suburbs are run down and not that great but far from the majority.

Have a look at places like Springfield Lakes, Brookwater, Flinders View, Bellbird Park, Mt Ommeny,Jindalee,Augustine Heights etc .. If you want more scenery or a country feel look out towards Rosewood, Minden, Lowood etc

Realestate.com should tell you whats about rental and sales wise.

Cal x

As well as the suburbs Cal hasn't mentioned, have a look at Ripley. It's a new estate being built in Ipswich and is great. On the outskirts of Ipswich . It's modern ,all new builds, a nice free waterpark and is growing quickly.

Not sure on public transport though, possibly bus but no train.

Edited by Ausborn

I forgot about Ripley and i have a friend lives there !!! blonde moment,lol

Personally i love the little old country town feel of Lowood and i love how everyone i meet there is so friendly and the bakery is awesome and yummmy... its downside for me would be not havinging the big shops...

For parks i dont think you would find better than Springfield Lakes FREE ammenities.. There is a new train station there too if you need public transport into the city etc - http://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/about_ipswich/parks_reserves_precincts/parks_search/robelle-domain

I would cross off Mt Ommaney or Jindalee. The commute along the Western freeway can be annoying (I used to live at Kenmore and work towards Ipswich way). all the other places are worth looking at though. With a young family being near Springfield would be good. Big shopping centre and water park, lots of green space. But I've heard nice things about Ripley too. Good community/family feel with all those areas. Quite a lot of community/family events going on. We looked at Brookwater to buy, some lovely houses round there.

I like Lowood and surrounds from my road cycling point of view, however, as a parent of a youngster I would feel a little isolated I think.