Skilled Visa Qualifications

orca

Hello

I just jad a quick question about skilled visa applications..my hubby has been told he needs to get an experience assessment by the Australian computer society as his qualifications are not it related enough.

can i ask if this impacts on the number of points he would get ..would his Ba in Business and Postgraduate Diploma in Management still count or the actual skills assessment?

many thanks :)

Hi Orca,

The ACS does assessments based on work experience and qualifications - unless there was a significant IT component in his qualifications he would need to go down the RPL route with ACS - you can read about it on their website: https://more.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/information-for-applicants . Make sure your husband factors in the ACS deeming date, ie they will deduct some of his work experience giving him a period for which he can claim work experience points which is shorter than you will initially think.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Orca,

The ACS does assessments based on work experience and qualifications - unless there was a significant IT component in his qualifications he would need to go down the RPL route with ACS - you can read about it on their website: https://more.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/information-for-applicants . Make sure your husband factors in the ACS deeming date, ie they will deduct some of his work experience giving him a period for which he can claim work experience points which is shorter than you will initially think.

Cheers,

George Lombard

hi that's great info thanks! We will have a look at that :)

In terms of when we get our points worked out by the skills 189, can he still get the points for having a Ba and Postgrad qualification? Despite the fact he would have had a RPL?

many thanks!

Archived