Question on Situation

trapme

I am on 457 visa and leaving Australia next week. I understood from my company that they are not going to cancel my 457 visa which is until next year May.

My son is suppose to go school next year and I am thinking to send my wife next year along with my son so that he can start his school here. This is just to avoid to different education framework back in country as my plan to come back to Australia once my PR get approved may be sometime next year, finger crossed.

Is that possible for my wife to travel to Australia along with my son without me as i will continue to work in India? My son can get admission based on my 457 VISA even though I am not present in Australia and working in India.

I do have another question, VISA processing time for 190 VISA is faster than 189? My migration agent mentioned to me both are having the same processing time as per the DIBP site. I am really in a confuse stage whether I should go for 190 or not if the processing time is same in both cases. 189 VISA is better option but if 190 is faster than its worth going for.

Thanks for your help and time.

Wow, I just don't know how can you be understand from your company that your 457 visa will not be cancelled? Your company certainly can't cancel your visa, only Department of Immigration can. The company MUST, by law (R.2.84), notify the department within 28 days of you ceased to work in the nominated position. It is possible that your 457 visa may be cancelled while you are overseas.

For what I understand form your post that you are not on paid leave for the rest of your visa, will you be paid until May next year?

I am on 457 visa and leaving Australia next week. I understood from my company that they are not going to cancel my 457 visa which is until next year May.

My son is suppose to go school next year and I am thinking to send my wife next year along with my son so that he can start his school here. This is just to avoid to different education framework back in country as my plan to come back to Australia once my PR get approved may be sometime next year, finger crossed.

Is that possible for my wife to travel to Australia along with my son without me as i will continue to work in India? My son can get admission based on my 457 VISA even though I am not present in Australia and working in India.

I do have another question, VISA processing time for 190 VISA is faster than 189? My migration agent mentioned to me both are having the same processing time as per the DIBP site. I am really in a confuse stage whether I should go for 190 or not if the processing time is same in both cases. 189 VISA is better option but if 190 is faster than its worth going for.

Thanks for your help and time.

Edited by Wei Shu