UK Police check for citizenship

Sue29

Hi all

I need some guidance & advice, need to get a UK police check for my citizenship in January '17, so went on the ACRO website and need 2 separate forms of ID. I was wondering if they would accept my Tax certificate from ATO dated July (within 6 months as requested) and my rego renewal. My bank accounts are online statements I have a recharge phone so no contract. I live in a granny flat hence no bills of any description.

I need the police check as in 2011 I returned to UK for a year so I need this for my application.

Thanks all

Sue

I had the same problem when applying for my onshore Parents visa. They required 2 proofs of current address and I am also in a Granny annexe with no bills. I emailed them the problem and they said they would accept 2 proofs of my son's address plus a signed letter from him stating I lived with him. This was accepted. I would suggest you email your situation to ACRO. They replied very promptly. Better than 'second-guessing' what they'll accept.

Both the tax statement and the rego renewal are official documents (more official than any bank statement or utility bill) so there really shouldn't be any problem in using them provided they are less than 6 months old.

Ah thanks all, yes Bungo its for proof of address, thanks galahgirl I will double check & email them & thanks Ken yeah my tax return from this year & my rego is up in November so was going to use that one. Thanks all

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Just thought I would let you know I did my UK police check they say 10 days for it to be processed, which it did & it came back today just under 2 weeks for it to be posted to Oz.

Thanks again all for your help

Sue

Archived