Moving $$ back to the UK from Oz

pixieontherocks

[h=2]Moving money back to the UK from Oz[/h]

Hi everyone, I'm moving back to England (in June 2017) from Australia after 11 years, to be with my family again. I've just sold my house in Sydney and I'm wondering whether it's worth putting the money into a term deposit here for 8 months or whether it's better to take advantage of the low pound and put the cash into a UK account, even though the interest rates for savings seem really low at home.

Does anybody know:

A) Is it better to keep the money in Australia until next year? The best rate I found in Oz was about 2.9% (over 8 months) with NAB.

B) Or transfer the money into my UK HSBC account or another account/term deposit in the UK?

C) Or do something else with it?

Thanks,

Marie

Hi There, I would imagine with that kind of money professional advice would be best - there is a section on this forum that deals with money transfers specifically. Congratulations on selling your house and hope all goes well with the move back to England.

I'm sure you'll get much more informative responses soon and links / pointers in the right direction.