Evidence of Name Change

Californiadude

Hi,

So I've lived in the US, and now am in Dubai. I married a lady from Pakistan, and now the CO has asked for "Evidence of Name Change." I had already uploaded the Marriage Certificate, and she doesn't really have any "poll deed" or similar document.

What is strong evidence I can provide to satisfy the CO's requirement of "Evidence of Name Change." She does have an old passport with her father's last name, and her new passport which has my last name. But I want to know what are the typical documents that agents will supply to the DIBP as part of "Evidence of Name Change."

Kindly guide.

Best,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

Normally a marriage certificate is enough evidence, maybe the case officer has overlooked that you have already attached a marriage certificate?

Has your wife's name changed from her name at birth (as it is shown on her birth certificate) in any other way aside from her having taken your surname after marriage?

Hi Sam,

Normally a marriage certificate is enough evidence, maybe the case officer has overlooked that you have already attached a marriage certificate?

Has your wife's name changed from her name at birth (as it is shown on her birth certificate) in any other way aside from her having taken your surname after marriage?

Hi SOMV,

Thanks for the reply. Her birth name only changed with my surname, and so her first name remained the same. I only attached the marriage certificate for her, and not under my documents (foolish overlook, I know), and so she requested that the Marriage Certificate be uploaded again along with a notarized copy, and also Evidence of Name Change for my wife. A migration agent in her hometown told her that an Affidavit is typically used in these scenarios.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Sam.

Archived