extending bvb

alison

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to contact the Australian immigration to get an extension on a bvb visa.Ive been in the UK for 5 months trying to sort out my 84 year old father who has dementia and mine runs out on 2nd November.My husband was here with me for 3 months and flew back to Melbourne on 9th September and i was meant to go shortly after,however 3 weeks ago my dad fell and broke his hip,they have since discovered a tumour in his hip and following a biopsy it may now take another 3 weeks to get the result.He is unable to go home and i am now trying to empty his house on my own and sell it as well as desperately trying to find out what will happen to him after surgery.I have 3 weeks left on my bridging visa and time is running out,is my only option to fly back to Melbourne and apply for another bridging visa to fly straight back or would they extend on compassionate grounds?.Im dads only family and there is literaly no one else to help,i am on the verge of a nervous breakdown over this as is my husband.

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to contact the Australian immigration to get an extension on a bvb visa.Ive been in the UK for 5 months trying to sort out my 84 year old father who has dementia and mine runs out on 2nd November.My husband was here with me for 3 months and flew back to Melbourne on 9th September and i was meant to go shortly after,however 3 weeks ago my dad fell and broke his hip,they have since discovered a tumour in his hip and following a biopsy it may now take another 3 weeks to get the result.He is unable to go home and i am now trying to empty his house on my own and sell it as well as desperately trying to find out what will happen to him after surgery.I have 3 weeks left on my bridging visa and time is running out,is my only option to fly back to Melbourne and apply for another bridging visa to fly straight back or would they extend on compassionate grounds?.Im dads only family and there is literaly no one else to help,i am on the verge of a nervous breakdown over this as is my husband.

Hi Alison.

I would telephone migration agent Tony Coates in Australia (WA based): +61 459 264 212.

Good luck!

Hi Aison

Im sorry I don't know the answer to your question I wonder have you tried contacting immi to ask them if an extension is possible? Otherwise, are you able to afford an agent to act for you and to make sure you get the best advice? Alan Collet posts on here often and seems to be well thought of so it might be worth giving him a call.

The main reason I answered this post is because I was in a similar situation as you two years ago, without the added pressure of visa restrictions to consider and I couldn't believe how quickly I started to unravel. I can't begin to express my sympathy for you - it's horrible to see your parent suffering, without the added pressure of trying to sort out care as well as selling up someone else's home and belongings.

We got my mum into the dementia wing of a decent home, sold her furniture on eBay, and put her flat on the market. Luckily it sold fairly quickly. If you want to pm me about the business of finding care, please do. I probably won't be able to offer anything other that what you already know, but sometimes it's good to have someone else to talk to.

Archived