Lodging the nomination application and the visa application at the same time

Flupo2000

Hi, I need an advise from migration agent, I got a positive outcome from VETASSES and I noticed that many people in the forum lodge both applications for nomination and visa at the same time. Isn't that risky if your nomination has been rejected as you will lose the visa fees and medical check fees? When do you go for this case? I know it will save time but is it risky?

Hi Flupo2000 -

Thanks for the note. It's a strategic decision usually - I assume since you're talking about a skills assessment and a nomination/visa, that you're referring to a subclass 186 ENS Direct Entry visa application. Advantages of lodging nom and app together for this include getting a bridging visa sooner (that's usually why people do this), and the overall processing time of the package can speed up if the application is already on board when the nomination is approved vs waiting to lodge the application until after the nomination is approved. Downside is that the visa application fees are at risk if you lodge both together and the nomination is refused, however in this case many people either lodge a new nomination with DIBP and attempt to get DIBP to attach the existing visa application to the new nomination, or in the case of nomination refusal allow the visa to be refused and take both cases (nom + app) to the AAT Tribunal to be heard together.

The choice of lodging a nom and app together or not depends entirely on your own unique circumstances and plans, so best to consider all of these first then decide what strategic option is best for you.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Hi, I need an advise from migration agent, I got a positive outcome from VETASSES and I noticed that many people in the forum lodge both applications for nomination and visa at the same time. Isn't that risky if your nomination has been rejected as you will lose the visa fees and medical check fees? When do you go for this case? I know it will save time but is it risky?

It all depends on how strong the nomination application is. A good Agent will be able to advise the strength of the nomination application and whether there are any issue of concern.

If the Nomination application is in order, most candidates will lodge the applications together to save 6 to 8 months in processing times.

If you are doing it yourself, it will be very difficult to tell if the nomination is in order, as in most cases you will not be privy to all of the business documents which will need to be provided.

Archived