Advice on loading documents.

Big girl

Hi opened IMMI account now a bit confused.......

is is the visa not submitted until all docs are uploaded?

we have paid visa costs, now on uploading documents, can I upload PDF's, or do they have to be JPEG.

one last question...completed health Dec but link to printing out letter not working...do I have to wait for that to be activated?

thank you all in advance.

Hi,

Sorry, I'm not sure about the uploading of the documents as I am at the same stage as you, and I'm not too sure what to do yet as I am going to start uploading this weekend. However when I tried to print out my referral letter it wouldn't work so I changed my browser from Firefox to Chrome and it worked. I have no idea why though!

Your visa application is submitted as soon as you pay the visa application fee. In fact you should receive an email confirming this, and your payment, almost immediately after the payment is made.

You can upload documents at any point after you have submitted the application, but the more you upload before the application is actually looked at by a case officer, the better off you are, as there will be less for him/her to request. From memory I am quite sure that you can upload both df and jpeg files, but if not, or if they are too big n size, the system will let you know.

Sometimes browsers do affect the way the online system works: for example, until last week I was using Chrome without an issue. Now (I think this is due to a Chrome update) the pages are not displaying properly for me on Chrome, but they are fine on Safari. So if something doesn't appear to be working, it is worthwhile trying another browser, just in case the issue is with the browser rather than the actual website.

I should also say, if you are applying for a partner visa you have to complete the Sponsorship application once the actual visa application is submitted and paid for. Don't put this off, do it straight away.

Hope that helps!

Hello

You sound slightly more advanced than me, I wonder if you can answer the below please?

Another question please, maybe for those that have used the online form?

The section below, is it instead of the personal statement or as well as? It seems that there would be a lot of overlap if it was as well as...

Capture_3.jpg

Yes there is a lot of overlap, but yes you still need to include the statement.

So you can either cut and paste from your statement, or, in the online boxes you can simply write "please see attached joint statement".

Archived