Vehicle Spray Painter Jobs Melbourne

Debstu

We have applied for our CPVisas but was wondering what job opportunitys might be available for my OH. He's been in the motor trade since leaving school and is ATA accredited. Are 457 visas available for 50 year olds. I know he's just missed the boat for employer sponsorship. Excited at the prospect of being close to our son and new babies but worried about potential work prospects. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

We have applied for our CPVisas but was wondering what job opportunitys might be available for my OH. He's been in the motor trade since leaving school and is ATA accredited. Are 457 visas available for 50 year olds. I know he's just missed the boat for employer sponsorship. Excited at the prospect of being close to our son and new babies but worried about potential work prospects. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

457 visas are employer sponsored.

Hi Nemesis, sorry what I meant was he just missed the boat for the employer skilled migration visa. All these visas it gets confusing. Just wondered if it's likely a 50 year old could get a 457 employer sponsered visa.

I don't think there is an age limit for a 457 - I'm sure someone can chime in here if I'm wrong.

However TBH I doubt he will find a sponsor at his age. Oz is a country very conscious of age when it comes to jobs - I was one of 3 over 45 in our workplace, none of us could get on courses and the boss was even heard to say he wanted us out as we were 'old and past it'. He might be able to get work once he's here on the CPV but I really can't see him getting a 457.