Best month to start WHV? Novemer or February?

Guest Niccolo

Guest Niccolo

Hi Guys!

What is, on a job perspective, the best Month to start a WHV?

Mid-November just before the summer holidays or February when immediately after their end?

thanks!

Id say probably november. I arrived november the 6th and i had a job within 2 weeks but that was at a country pub, not a city. I think jumping straight into february temps might have been too much for me too. Although there might be more jobs in feb if thats when the students go back

Guest Niccolo
More about where than when. Wouldnt go up north at any of those times. Monsoons and wet season. Start at the bottom and work up. At least if you came in feb it will be nearest the end of wet season, whereas november you would still have to go through it.

Thanks guys!

i'd like to go in Brisbane, as i was already there and i enjoyed my time in that city. What is the best season to find a job there, in your opinion?

Does the "high season" in Brisbane start in December as happens in Sydney and Melbourne or in late autumn as in Cairns and Darwin?

Farming work is all year round so depends but most is up north. I woukd recomend geting your rsg and rsa and applying for some bar jobs. Depends how long you want to stick around one area for. Some hostels do work for accomodation too. Starts geting real hot in november through to feb. The further upnorth you go at this time the hotter and wetter it will be.

Guest Niccolo
Farming work is all year round so depends but most is up north. I woukd recomend geting your rsg and rsa and applying for some bar jobs. Depends how long you want to stick around one area for. Some hostels do work for accomodation too. Starts geting real hot in november through to feb. The further upnorth you go at this time the hotter and wetter it will be.

I am thinking about finding a job in a bar/restaurant.

Do you think it can be easy to find a Job in a bar in Brisbane as it is now in Sydney and Melbourne.

The last two cities are very touristy and with lot of people around in Summer. I am afraid Brisbane could get empty due to the extremely hot weather