Car hire in Melbourne

mintpro

I'm not sure where this is supposed to go, but I'm looking for a long term rental car in Melbourne for around 3 months. Anybody have any idea, I've done the usual google search but I know there's generally place so in the suburbs that offer cheaper than the normal car hire company's. I'm pretty limited with budget ($20-$25 a day) and I don't mind what year/type of car I get.

I'm not keen to buy a car because your left with maintenance etc especially if your not lucky with what you've bought and you could end up spending a fortune. My plan will be to buy a good car in January but just for the time being I was hoping to get a long term rental.

Thanks tomjackman and petitescargot. Does anyone know of smaller companies in the suburbs? I did some hunting in Perth and found a really nice and cheap company in the north that worked amazing.

I'm not sure where this is supposed to go, but I'm looking for a long term rental car in Melbourne for around 3 months. Anybody have any idea, I've done the usual google search but I know there's generally place so in the suburbs that offer cheaper than the normal car hire company's. I'm pretty limited with budget ($20-$25 a day) and I don't mind what year/type of car I get.

Hi

Thry Ace Car rental, we have had a Toyota Corollo on hire for 3 months @23 dollars per day plus insurance if you want it. ace are part of Hertz and are the budget arm of their business. If you choose an older model car you will get a good deal. They also will quote on longer hires.

They are in thee CBd and at Tullermarine. Our car goes back tomorro, it was about 5 years old, not had any trouble with it at all.

Julie