Countries of Residence

Californiadude

Have any of the applicants lived in a country other than the primary applicant's usual country of residence

Does this question in the ImmiAccount include only the past 10 years? It is a Yes or No question.

My residence history

2001- to Present: Dubai, UAE (15 years now)

Before 2001: United States

Please advise if this question covers 10 years only, because I don't want to be going around getting background checks from the US if they are not needed.

Thanks,

Sam.

By rights you should not need a USA police clearance; because your residence there was more than 10 years ago. Unless you have something to declare, in which case they will require the clearance no matter how long ago it was.

Thank you so much Leanne....so if I have not lived anywhere else in the past 15 years, should I mark that question as No?

Please indicate, because I don't really have anything to "declare" as such (not sure what that would mean either). That's the only question I'm stuck on in the Immi Account, if you could clarify whether Yes or No given my situation, I would honestly be very very grateful. It's confused me for 5 hours now and I'm mentally tired.

God bless with guidance and thanks once again,

Sam.

Interestingly the questions is worded differently on my ImmiAccount:

Have any of the applicants lived in a country for more than 12 months cumulatively in the past 10 years?

So potentially you would need to mark as "Yes" and include UAE.

The help text I have is: Give details of all countries resided in for a period of 12 months in total, in the past 10 years since turning 16. The period of time spent in a country may be non-consecutive, but must still be included if it is 12 months or over in total.​

However, I'd be interested to hear opinions from some other people too as this is something I'm also trying to figure out.

Interestingly the questions is worded differently on my ImmiAccount:

Have any of the applicants lived in a country for more than 12 months cumulatively in the past 10 years?

So potentially you would need to mark as "Yes" and include UAE.

The help text I have is: Give details of all countries resided in for a period of 12 months in total, in the past 10 years since turning 16. The period of time spent in a country may be non-consecutive, but must still be included if it is 12 months or over in total.​

However, I'd be interested to hear opinions from some other people too as this is something I'm also trying to figure out.

I think the fact that your visa is 309/100 or a Spouse/Partner visa, that's why the question is different. I haven't seen that format of the question for any of the 189 or 190 visa applicant queries on any forum.

I think one of the key reasons is that you already have someone living in Australia and that helps to bypass alot of the requirements pertaining to travel or residence history.