This might just help electricians yet to emigrate

Liam13

Having recently worked in New Zealand whilst I was going for my 189 visa a friend of mine said he got his New Zealand electrical license whilst in the UK. My ears soon pricked up and asked more as I know Australia and New Zealand mutually recognise electrical licenses. At a cost of £l500 and 8 days training he gained a full NZ electrical license. For those still in the UK and moving over to Australia id seriously consider obtaining an NZ license in the UK and then heading over to Australia and totally missing out the dreaded gap training and not having to work as a TA, it could be an option for a lot of us. Shame I was already over here to find out but maybe this could help someone out who hasn't came over yet.

• Like 1

GB construction training is the name of the company and I haven't used them or advertising them by any means .could hopefully be another door for electricians to work as a sparky straight off the boat albeit a few weeks waiting for a change in license ? If anyone has experienced them please shout out id like to hear

Some physiotherapists are known to take the NZ route to qualify too. The complex procedures for overseas Physios qualifying in Australia are costly and time consuming. While NZ does still requires some expenditure, it is essentially a portfolio rather than the multi stage examination process over here. However, the process requires you to confirm that you will practise in NZ.

I think the licencing authorities might check how long you have actually had the licence for and if they know it is a newly issued licence to an overseas worker they might still insist on you doing the training in their state. Even though there is mutual recognition not every state will transfer your licence - Victoria is very difficult to do this in.

This company cannot issue an New Zealand Licence, they can give you the training, but you still need to apply to the EWRB in New Zealand for your registration and licence.

i spoke to the guy this morning and he said they recieve the cards from the EWRB and they are then sent to the applicants address. I agree that some states might see the newly issued license but worst case scenario you just wait it out.. I guess it will suit some and not others