New temporary visa for parents

Roberta2

There has actually been almost no change to the 410 visa in the 14 years we have been on it.

The only changes have been positive since then.

Changed from a 2 year visa to 4 and now valid for 10,renewed almost instantly and work restrictions lifted.

ref. your last statement our group met with Mr Dutton recently, he kindly arranged a meeting with us and was with us for about 1 hr 30, and the visa is under review with a definite answer reference the possibility of PR due this year?

We were also assured that theoretically(my words) we were safe on this visa, no plans for change apart from the PR review.

There are apparently only approximately 3,500 left of us in the country, so not a large group and fading fast!!!

We have no complaints being on this visa, we knew the conditions and as previously written there have been no major changes.

I agree that the cost of health insurance seems to increase annually, but no other policy type (overseas visitors? I think) was slugged with a 42% increase like us.

Your last point about being eligible for Medicare etc. if offered PR. is the reason why we are considering now we can of applying for the parent visa, out of our group which meet up occasionally only 2 of us have children here.

Ramot, that's a huge rise! We're 410's and get our insurance through BUPA, although we don't have lots of extra just about 3. Will be interesting to see what happens to our premiums on renewal.