Is 60 points for 189 visa enough, or the more the merrier?

usherer

For my skills assessment as a teacher, I've already done the Academic IELTS, and am getting 10 points from that. In total, I have 60 points.

If I do the General training, there is a high chance I can bump this up to 70 points.

1. I need my Academic IELTS for my skills assessment - would doing the General 'cancel out' my Academic results? I read that authorities only refer to the latest IELTS- but I'm thinking of doing one General, one Academic.

2. Do invitations consider only the cut-off point, or are high-pointers (LOL) given priority?

warm wishes and good luck to everyone~

For my skills assessment as a teacher, I've already done the Academic IELTS, and am getting 10 points from that. In total, I have 60 points.

If I do the General training, there is a high chance I can bump this up to 70 points.

1. I need my Academic IELTS for my skills assessment - would doing the General 'cancel out' my Academic results? I read that authorities only refer to the latest IELTS- but I'm thinking of doing one General, one Academic.

2. Do invitations consider only the cut-off point, or are high-pointers (LOL) given priority?

warm wishes and good luck to everyone~

Presuming this is Secondary Teaching?

B

Archived