Subclass 190 - Applying from America - Minor Confusion

Californiadude

Hi Guys,

I'm lodging a subclass 190 visa application in the Immi Account. As an American applicant, I needed guidance on a few short Qs.

Intro: I was assessed positively by the Australian Institute of Management for Sales & Marketing manager:

Work Experience: "3 years or more"

Degree: "assessed by the Australian National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (AEI-NOOSR) at the Australian equivalent qualification at the level of Bachelor’s Degree."

I got 30 points for age, 20 for IELTS, and 15 for degree....I did not see a point of claiming work experience points in EOI.

Now, in the Immi Account:

1) Question 12 of 17: "Has the applicant been employed overseas in their nominated occupation or a closely related occupation at a skilled level immediately before lodging this application?"

Should I select "No"? Because if I select "Yes", it requires you to select from the menu that says "3, 5, 8 or 10 years". And I'm assuming that would mean claiming those 3 years points. I am not claiming any points for work experience.

2) My wife is a secondary applicant and the system is asking for her Education History. She has done a full-time, 2 years B.A. in Statistics.

Should I enter her degree by choosing "Other" from the "Highest Recognized Qualification" drop-down menu?

And does this mean that I will have to upload her degree later on in the Documents Upload part? I haven't claimed partner points or got anything assessed for her. So would I have to go through the process of getting her degree photocopied and notarized...or is her Education History just a formality for the system.

3) I am still working in the position that I was when I applied for skills assessment. EOI lets you indicate this by allowing you to leave the date empty in the "Till" part. (as in From January 1 till Now)

But Immi Account is not letting me leave that empty to indicate that I am still in this position. Do I put in the date that I am applying on and the Case Officer would know that I am still in this position.

4) I have a Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) with major in Marketing from the United States. I selected "Bachelors Degree in Science, Business or Technology" in the "Highest Recognized Qualification" part. I did not choose the "Bachelors (Other)" option to enter my degree.

Is that fine?

Thank you guys in advance for your cooperation.

Best,

Sam.

Intro: I was assessed positively by the Australian Institute of Management for Sales & Marketing manager:

A minor miracle.

If must list all your work experience in the past 10 years. If you do not wish to claim work experience points for a particular period, mark it as not closely related. This might not be your best strategy.