defacto relationship proof

Bettiblu

HI i was just wondering if anyone had completed the relationship statements to prove that you and your partner are in a genuine relationship and had their friends complete theirs?

I only ask because i am unsure as to whether these need to be witnessed and signed in front of a solicitor or whether it is enough to complete them and send them along with the other evidence. I remember doing one for my friend when they were emigrating but i didnt go to a solicitor to sign in front of them...

The supporting statements from you and your partner about your relationship do not need to be. The stat decs by friends and family do. They are different things.

Have you read the info on the stat decs and what is expected? Its in the partner visa booklet. There is a form for them to fill in, provide a copy of their passport etc iirc and it needs to be witnessed. And of course, they need to be eligible to be able to do them (ie Aus citizens).

Hi thanks for this, I just wasn't sure if a solicitor needed to be present since I never went when I did one for a friend.

They have all been written I guess I just need to round the troops up & find a solicitor. The partner booklet is that only for aus residents or outside Aus too?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The partner visa booklet is something everyone applying for a partner visa should read. And the sponsor also. It's the main reference point and gives you all the info of what you need to do and about what needs to be witnessed etc.

Oh yes I have seen this actually, I thought this was for Australian citizens?

The statements prepared by friends start with the oath statement, my agent sent me example copies. It was more about whether I needed a solicitor present which to be honest I think I knew I just wondered if there was another around it

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk