Mother on our skilled migrants visa.

johnstanhope

Hey guys first time post.

We are wanting to apply for a skilled migrants visa along with our two children.

My sister also lives on the Gold Coast.

My mother who is 70 this year spends her time travelling between the two of us, but her main base obviously is with us in the uk. She has no house of her own and if we left she would be left with nowhere to live in the uk. So my question is would she be considered a dependent on our visa?

Thanks in advance guys.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys first time post.

We are wanting to apply for a skilled migrants visa along with our two children.

My sister also lives on the Gold Coast.

My mother who is 70 this year spends her time travelling between the two of us, but her main base obviously is with us in the uk. She has no house of her own and if we left she would be left with nowhere to live in the uk. So my question is would she be considered a dependent on our visa?

Thanks in advance guys.

John

Mother would have to be living with you and be financially dependent upon you.

From what you have posted, this seems unlikely.

so would that not make her financially dependent?

No.

It is not impossible, but it is extremely difficult to successfully claim dependence for a parent in a welfare state.

In the circumstances you have described, your probability of success is close to zero.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?

No.

It is not impossible, but it is extremely difficult to successfully claim dependence for a parent in a welfare state.

In the circumstances you have described, your probability of success is close to zero.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?

If we applied and they refused my mother a visa, would that be a refusal for the whole family of just her ?

If we applied and they refused my mother a visa, would that be a refusal for the whole family of just her ?

If mother were not accepted as being your dependant, only she would be refused for that reason.

If mother failed to meet the medical or character public interest criteria you would all be refused visas and if you submit false or misleading information, you could expect the same.