Will we be asked for police checks and medicals?

kittakee

Hey. My partner is being sponsored for a 457 and I'm a de facto on the application.

I'm 22 he's 23. We're from the UK. His job is in IT. Neither of us will be working in hospitals/around children. We were in Australia last year for 8 months.

We've already submitted form 80 each. I'm wondering if we will be asked for additional info or not?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi Kitty,

Police Clearances are not a requirement of the Subclass 457 Visa. However Case Officers are within their rights to request it.

Medicals are conducted, depending on where someone has lived over the last 5 year period. You are able to lodge what is called a My Health application on the Immiaccount where you lodged your Subclass 457 application. Once lodged, you will be provided with an identification number known as a HAP ID and advised of what medical examinations (if any) you will be required to undertake.

Kylie Maxwell

Migration Services

International Organization for Migration

MARN: 1387166

Thank you all. We filled in the my health application a couple of months ago and it said we didn't need to get a medical. - so hopefully we're fine! 1 month since 457 application and heard nothing yet :(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Archived