Hidden Valley thoughts?

Ben1979

Hi all,

Me & my wife + 3 year old child have recently moved to Melbourne & are renting a house in Rosanna which is a very pleasant suburb & good access to the city & my work (Campbellfield).

We will hopefully be in a position to buy somewhere early next year, but house prices in this area...wow! which I know is a typical problem in most Melbourne suburbs inside the ring road anyway. I was chatting to someone at work who lives further north & she said I should have a look at Hidden Valley which is part of Wallan. I looked on realestate.com & was blown away by what you get for the money & looks liked a beautiful spot albeit a bit out from Melbourne. After further research I found Wallan has a train station which can get you to Southern Cross in 45 mins which isn't to bad considering its 30 mins from Rosanna. Its about 30 mins to my work drive so same as I do now. We are going to drive up to have look but just wondered if anyone has any experience or stories to share about this area?

Thanks

Do not have any info about it but you are right you get a lot more for your money going further out. This is not a problem if you work in the outer areas. We have been fortunate that we did not work in the CBD hence we live on the Mornington Peninsula which gave both of us a 20 - 30 minute commute each day. Its in the Shire of Mitchell and if you look up the Shire's web page it will give you a lot of information about the area and facilities. A lot of people are moving out that way now, people even commute from Bendigo on the train each day. I would not be doing that but its lovely on the fringe.