Australian study requirement confusion

ubaid88

Hi everyone,

I got invitation for subclass 189 on 20th July. Today I got email from my case officer to provide evidence that my course was completed before 20th July. Problem is that the completion letter issued by my university states that my course was completed on 22nd July of 2016. My study period ended on 2nd of July and results were announced on 16th of July. However, the academic department of my university marked completion of the course requirement on 22 July. The only evidence I can show is that online calendar of my university that when the officially results were announces. What should I do in this situation? Should I withdraw? And if I withdraw what reason should I state?

Please advice.

This is what they have stated:

Provide evidence that your Australian course was completed prior to your date of invitation, 20 July 2016. Currently, you have provided evidence that your course was completed after your time of invitation. If this is so, you will not be eligible to be awarded Australian Study Requirement points or Regional Australia Study points. This may result in your not meeting the pass mark for this visa application.

• 4 weeks later...

This is not an unusual situation.

The published completion date does not always correspond with the date upon which a particular student met the academic requirements.

As a rule, faculties send results to an 'academic committee' that might not know when a student met the academic requirements and the same completion date is published for all students.

You should be able to rectify this. In the worst case (visa refusal) a review application might have to be lodged with the AAT. I have such a case in the AAT at the moment, where the visa applicant should have waited a few more days before lodging.

An Aside:

If you had cited an incorrect completion date (the date on the completion letter) you would have submitted false or misleading information about a material particular.