Any HR Professionals looking to share their thoughts?

wozzie2202

We've been over here for 4 months and I'm working in a standalone HR Manager role in Adelaide. I'd be really keen to link in with any fellow HR professionals who have experience of both UK and Oz HR (particularly from an ER/IR perspective) as I'm struggling to find many resources or forums similar to those available to use in the UK such as CIPD/ ACAS etc. AHRI is ok but no where near as comprehensive as CIPD and no forum to speak of. It would be great to be able to ask quick questions of one another/share knowledge on topics which from an Australian HR professionals perspective we should probably know, but aren't quite sure due to the differences! I've always found in the UK that having things like ACAS codes of practice on things like discplinary and redundancies to be really useful but everything here seems so much more vague and to some degree very risk averse! Has anyone else found this to be the case. There doesn't seem to be as much willingness to share best practice online as was customary in the UK. Lots of chat on linked in around methodologies and theories but little input in to practical application. If anyone would be interested, just send me a pm and we can link in,

regards

Sarah