189 visa form filling questions...please help!

Larad86

[h=2][/h]

I would be grateful for a couple of pointers please for completing the 189 visa application.

We we have been really lucky and received an invitation to apply within a few days of submitting our EOI.

I am a nurse with 2.5 years experience I claimed 65 points for age (30), degree (nursing), IELTS (superior) I did not claim for experience. I am applying with my partner of 13yrs but he has no relevant experience/qualifications so no points there.

My queries are...

1) Whilst filling out out the form, we have been asked for my partner's secondary qualifications and work history. Although we are happy to provide this- his highest qualification is GCSE's- do I need to list all of his qualifications even though they are not relevant.

We we have listed his 10 years work experience with a brief explanation of duties as requested to which there are no significant gaps. However he did work in France for an English ski company receiving an wage via his English bank account for 6 months within this 10 year period but he was still registered as living at home- does this count as living abroad and do we have to provide anything in specific for this.

2) I am a British citizen through having a British mother. I was born in South Africa and moved to the uk with my family when I was 11. I have only ever held a SA passport as a child and now I only have a British passport. I have obviously provided all This information I.e. Birth certificate.

But it has asked me if I have lived in another country and what the address was and when I moved....I can provide part of this details but I was a child and I don't really have any records to this effect as they are most likely held by my parents who I know will not have this information.

3) we have submitted requests for our police checks already and are planning on waiting for them before submitting the application. My partner received a caution about 11 years ago and we have declared this and listed it on the visa. Again we have no evidence of this apRt from the pending police check. Do you think this will affect our visa application in any way.

Any my help is much appreciated. If this post is not appropriately posted in this section would someone please relocate it.

Kind regards.

1) I wouldn't worry too much about partners qualifications and work history, it is not relevant to the application. Just put down the basics in order to answer the questions. On the seocnd bit though, I am not sure why you think you wouldn't mention his time living in France just because he was paid to a UK bank account! It isn't a trick question, if they wanted to know the location of his bank accounts that is what they would ask. :wink: This is relevant as sometimes police checks would be required for countries lived in.

2) I am just about certain that I did not provide my childhood addresses (although I do remember all of them, even the one I left when I was 4yr) so I am puzzled by this request. Can you ask a parent for the information, they must surely know their past addresses?! If not, well you can't provide what you don't have, so just tell them what you can.

3) It isn't usually a good idea to get police checks ahead of time, did you do this because of any concerns over the record? Getting these things early will shorten the length of time you will have to validate the visa. Yes a caution will affect your application, it will mean additional scrutiny and perhaps extra questions as they obviously don't ask for this information and then ignore it. But unlikely that a caution would mean a visa refusal.

Thank you!! I appreciate your quick response.

I I have spoken with my mum and she has provided the details. I answered the question because if asked- have you ever lived abroad- I ticked yes and then it requires to fill in the next part before allowing you to move on.

We we got the police checked prior purely because we thought it was essential at EOI- we now realise it isn't. I appreciate the validity of the check is only 12 months but I guess it's just the risk we took. Time will tell. I have printed the form 80 to fill out for both my partner and I and readiness for the additional scrutiny.

Essentially we are trying to prove as much as we can.

Thanks again

lara

I just wondered if someone could please just clarify something for me please please!!!

i have today realised that I have made what I hope to be a minor mistake on my EOI. I plan to apply as the lead applicant and claiming no points for my partner with a ttotal of 65 points. I realise now that on the EOI when asked if adding family members I did not include you partner as being on the application. Now we have been invited I plan to put him on...will this be a problem?

I believe eve it won't be a problem but wonder if anyone has done this mistake and hopefully reassure me.

Thank you

Please could someone respond to my query re: EOI omission. I did not include my partner on the EOI. We have been invited to apply and I want to clarify that By adding him to the visa application will not be a problem. It was a silly oversight on my part and the EOI is now locked so I cannot make any amendments.

Please help!!!